Chambered or Unchambered - Opinions Please

Likwid

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAMNIT! I wanted to give him his star!

So, the conversation about chambered and unchambered came up with the wife last night. She wouldn't let me pocket carry because I don't have a manual safety on my XD... I explained the auto safeties like trigger, backstrap and internal but she just was scared.

I have NEVER planned on carrying chambered, nor do I leave it chambered at home... but I like hearing everyone's opinions and habits.

I have kids, so my gear is unchambered in the house. Besides, for home protection, IMHO a shotgun is better. Hell, just shuck the pump and everyone in the house, invited or not, has your undivided attention. And the uninvited ones usually leave with aquickness.

I guess the question would be, where I was, who I was with and so forth.

That's a good point. Unchambered until I have to walk somewhere, then chamber and go.

When you get back to the car, drop the mag, eject the round, reload the mag ... lol lots going on but w/e

Well, it truly does depend on situation for me.

If for example: It was a clear black night, a clear white moon. And I have just hit the eastside of the lbc. Then it's sixteen in the clip and one in the hole

Nate dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold.

Nate dogg and warren g had to regulate, and so do I

I have kids, so my gear is unchambered in the house. Besides, for home protection, IMHO a shotgun is better. Hell, just shuck the pump and everyone in the house, invited or not, has your undivided attention. And the uninvited ones usually leave with aquickness.

:plus1:

If I had kids I would be unchambered at home for their safety. I can't remember the last time a kid set foot in my place.

Well, it truly does depend on situation for me.

If for example: It was a clear black night, a clear white moon. And I have just hit the eastside of the lbc. Then it's sixteen in the clip and one in the hole

Nate dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold.

Nate dogg and warren g had to regulate, and so do I

And that's how I became the prince of Bel-Aire

lock, cocked and ready to rock! thats how i roll. i haven't unload my carry gun except for when i go to the range with it. BUT it is never off my hip. at night it is in my night stand. 12+1

and the pistol grip 20 is always loaded ;)

What's your preference? Mine is UNchambered. I understand the consequences tactically to carrying unchambered but I'm so paranoid about shooting myself I prefer to leave it unchambered.

What do you think?

If youre that paranoid about shooting yourself, you shouldnt be carrying.

CHAMBERED and in a holster.... WTF are you pocket carrying.. FYI, ohio ccw laws say it must be in a holster so.. if you are just sticking it in your pocket or a bag and its not in a holster, youre breaking the law.......

Edited by flounder

If youre that paranoid about shooting yourself, you shouldnt be carrying.

CHAMBERED....

I can appreciate that. But it's not so much I'm worried I'm going to shoot myself, I'm worried the gun is going to accidentally discharge. I'm sure the more I carry the more I won't worry about it.