Chambered or Unchambered - Opinions Please

Likwid

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my wifes father passed away this past Sat. I'm still down in Nati right now and will probably be here until late Sat. or Sun. afternoon. I would love to go but my plans are a bit uncertain right now, sorry.

(end thread jack)

ok, so it wasn't as bad as i thought. lol

so do little hands give better handjobs R1?

The answer is most certainly, YES!

Little hands do give better handjobs. They can even make RVT's second belly button look like John Holmes.

I have kids, so my gear is unchambered in the house. Besides, for home protection, IMHO a shotgun is better. Hell, just shuck the pump and everyone in the house, invited or not, has your undivided attention. And the uninvited ones usually leave with aquickness.

Why would you want them to leave? :wtf:

If youre that paranoid about shooting yourself, you shouldnt be carrying.

CHAMBERED and in a holster.... WTF are you pocket carrying.. FYI, ohio ccw laws say it must be in a holster so.. if you are just sticking it in your pocket or a bag and its not in a holster, youre breaking the law.......

TRUE.

I always have 5 chambered and always pocket carry. In a holster of course. single/double action revolver. :D

The answer is most certainly, YES!

Little hands do give better handjobs. They can even make RVT's second belly button look like John Holmes.

That second bellybutton stretched all the wrinkles out of yer Mrs. balloon knot mister! Something you coudn't do if you got a head start running frmo across the room. Dimple dick.

Hrm... lots to discuss..

First' date=' when my gun is on me it is always chambered. Always.. especially when there are children in the house. When my gun is not locked in my safe it is bolted to my body. I don't leave guns lying around the house. I know where they are at all times. They're either on my person or locked in my safe. When my gun is in the safe it is unchambered and the magazine is removed.

Second, you can legally carry a gun, concealed, without a holster so long as you aren't in a vehicle. That is Ohio law.. but it is a retarded thing to do. Your pocket counts as a holster except when a vehicle is introduced to the situation. The holster protects you and me from a negligent discharge from the sharpie or keys in your pocket. If you don't carry in a holster you are being extremely irresponsible and putting lives at risk.

I carried my 1911 in "condition 1"... cocked and locked, with never one single accidental "boom".. Condition one is the safest and smartest way to carry a 1911. If the gun is chambered and you accidentally bump the hammer it can discharge. Also, on my Colt you couldn't safety the gun unless the hammer was cocked.

Carrying a firearm unchambered is silly, in my opinion, but it's ultimately your decision. Give it time and your nervousness should subside. The gun will not fire unless the trigger is pulled. The trigger cannot be pulled if the weapon is in a quality holster. End of story.

Chamber the weapon and holster the weapon and don't touch the weapon.[/quote']

I need to spread the love..otherwise, well said and repped.

Well, my wifes father passed away this past Sat. I'm still down in Nati right now and will probably be here until late Sat. or Sun. afternoon. I would love to go but my plans are a bit uncertain right now, sorry.

(end thread jack)

Sorry to hear that ..I guess you knew it was coming, but it doesn't help any. My prayers are with you and you wife's family.

Family > Riding

Please...you should see the stuff that comes out of the thing. You're not impressing anyone because you stuck your second belly button in a balloon knot. Besides, if you came within 16 feet of her knot you'd have nothing but a bloody little hole left where it used to be.

When in reality, his overused turd cutter could accomodate a basset hound.
Please...you should see the stuff that comes out of the thing. You're not impressing anyone because you stuck your second belly button in a balloon knot. Besides, if you came within 16 feet of her knot you'd have nothing but a bloody little hole left where it used to be.

lulz

Trying to rack your piece when under stress and already having it chambered are too different animals.

We weren't doing it while watching reality TV

It was a stress shoot. Part of drill was after a "weapon malfunction" with primary. Draw, rack, and rock at that time (we didn't know it) opfor comes through door nearby. So we had to go PDQ. Add the simunition fire incoming as well as time limits. Fun stuff.

Damn, I think I wanna re-enlist.

Likwid.. you comments in this thread go to show that you are the type of person that probably shouldnt be carrying. Your argument over the law of holsters and pocket carrying amaze me. Personally, If I were an instructor and had these facts about you prior to the class, I would not let you participate in the CCW course.

Sorry but thats my opinion. Maybe Im wrong and you are willing to listen and learn but I sure havent seen it in this thread. I would be interested in hearing Walter_GSPs opinion about this thread since he teaches CCW.

The Marines have always taught me to carry in condition three (except in combat)...It truely depends on where I'm at. If i am riding down in the ghetto on my way home at three in the morning i have it chambered, or somewhere similar where someone can get to me easily. Anywhere else where I don't feel threatened or i can see someone coming i leave it unchambered. I know the XD's have an internal firing pin block and they are extremely safe even without a thumb safety, but I don't want to take the unnescessary risk of having it chambered in the grocery store.

I do consider however that anyplace I go something can happen, but it is all about risk assessment, not to mention, chambering a round is a great deterrent. I am extetemely comfortable with weapons, but safety from accidents is my primary concern.

We weren't doing it while watching reality TV

It was a stress shoot. Part of drill was after a "weapon malfunction" with primary. Draw, rack, and rock at that time (we didn't know it) opfor comes through door nearby. So we had to go PDQ. Add the simunition fire incoming as well as time limits. Fun stuff.

Damn, I think I wanna re-enlist.

I understand that...and appreciate the explanation, but when a perp is in your face and your life is on the line, your body's chemistry will start to change...immediately...and it affects everything you do/see/hear.

So yes, practicing it is the best way to prepare you for it, but truly, nothing ever really prepares you for the actual thing. You're just practicing what you think will happen and doing the best you can to prepare for it. The training will help, don't get me wrong, but the way you think and react during the real thing will be VERY different than your class.

My .02

I understand that...and appreciate the explanation, but when a perp is in your face and your life is on the line, your body's chemistry will start to change...immediately...and it affects everything you do/see/hear.

So yes, practicing it is the best way to prepare you for it, but truly, nothing ever really prepares you for the actual thing. You're just practicing what you think will happen and doing the best you can to prepare for it. The training will help, don't get me wrong, but the way you think and react during the real thing will be VERY different than your class.

My .02

Noone can really simulate a live exercise with the same "experience" as a combat situation... if there is a way I'd be interested.

Not true.. you can carry without a holster as long as you aren't in a vehicle.

Ah, that was the piece that wasn't laid out very clearly. Along with the change from plain sight in vehicle (or on a motorcycle) to that section being removed.

Thanks IP

I don't carry, but keep it locked and ready to rock @ the house. Kinda senseless to have otherwise. Might as well be a paper weight without the thing ready to shoot!!

I don't know about that. I'm not too worried of someone getting in my house, up the stairs and within 20 feet of me or my wife completely undetected. And if they are, why did I get woken up then?

You're much less likely to encounter a "man with a knife standing on top of you" in your home than you are in your car or on the street.

But still, in terms of stopping power handgun shouldn't be weapon of choice in the house :)

Noone can really simulate a live exercise with the same "experience" as a combat situation... if there is a way I'd be interested.

If you put some dummy rounds in, I'd be more than willing to come over and rape your wife...or any legal daughters you may have running around. Does that help?

Just let me know what time you'll be home so I can finish up by then.