What tires should I use for my trip out west?

Casper

What tires should I use for my trip out west?

The last two sets I've run have been Dunlop Qualifiers, but I only seem to get about 3000 - 4000 miles out of them. This trip is just shy of 5k miles, and I really don't want to do a tire change in the middle. So what tires would you guys/gals recommend?

Diablo Stradas. I got 10K out of my last set. I love the performance and longevity of them.

The Z1K Riderforums guys are lovin on the Michelin road2's 2CT.

Getting about 10K out of the rears.

Dads got those on his Concourse and really happy with them so far.

dont most tires get 3-4 k..everyone i know who used them loves them.259 shipped to my door aint a bad price either..

Most tires you personally buy last 3-4. Sport Touring is a whole different game.

dont most tires get 3-4 k..everyone i know who used them loves them.259 shipped to my door aint a bad price either..

PR2

Diablo Strada's

Roadsmarts

BT021

All gonna get you 8-12K, I've only ran the Strada's and I love them. Two other members I know have the Roadsmarts and are very happy with them. My father has a set of PR2's and has been very satisfied.

I've ran PP's and BT016s and got about 4K before they were flat spotted to the cords in the middle, edges still had a ton of life though...

IMAO having a sport tire (PP, Diablo Corsa, Qualifer, BT016) isn't worth the money for street use. A smart rider isn't going to use them to their full potential. You're gonna flat spot that tire if you do any type of commuting.

Even any of the 2ct sport tires are still soft in the middle and super soft on the edge, their gonna wear quick on the street. They are in the sport/race category for a reason.

can you really hit the twistys with sport touring tires without worrying about losing traction. big difference in 3-4k and 8-10k

Hell yeah. Talk to NinjaNick, xtremef4i, myself, magley? I think...All have sport touring all rail the bikes all have no worries about traction all getting 8-10K.

hmm thanks for the info. i thought sport touring tires are more like the cruisers . thanks for the knowledge. are the pilot roads a good tire as well. cause i see i can get them for my bike for 229 shipped, where the 2ct are over 300. i can also get the pp for 259. i need new tires for my rig but dont know which route to go. gonna go michelins. i only put 400-800 miles per year

hmm thanks for the info. i thought sport touring tires are more like the cruisers . thanks for the knowledge. are the pilot roads a good tire as well. cause i see i can get them for my bike for 229 shipped, where the 2ct are over 300. i can also get the pp for 259. i need new tires for my rig but dont know which route to go. gonna go michelins. i only put 400-800 miles per year

I know a lot of the Concourse guys are running them and saying good things.

Concourse is a ZX14, with sport touring fairings.

can you really hit the twistys with sport touring tires without worrying about losing traction. big difference in 3-4k and 8-10k

Yes. Absolutely. Modern ST tires have more than enough grip to drag knees.

Conti Road Attacks, Stradas, and Pilot Road 2s are the best of the bunch.

bt021 is what i have on the back tripple compound...... and i love it never traction issues or anything. acutally wore out the front tire that was a bto16 before the 21 on the rear put on the same time same mileage everything.

I'd go for the round, black ones.

Seriously though; I use BT021's on the ST. I can get around 6,000 miles from a set on tours through the deserts and mountains. Tires disappear fast when you combine the high speeds of the desert with the heat and aggresive aggregate that they use on the roads out there. I'd go for a harder compound tour tire.

Grip isn't going to be an issue; we won't be on any super twisty roads while railing along at high speed. We'll be stopping to take pics, etc.

Grip simply won't factor in.