How to secure helmet and jacket on your sport bike.

Rod38um

I'll show you my solution:

Go to Lowes and pick up a few things..

cable

cable ferrules

some solid rings

plastic coat

Cut your cable to desired length

slip ferrule over one end about 3 inches down then fold the short end back and insert into the same ferrule. Check it and make sure it slides thru your D rings on your helmet and then crimp it in place use a vice.

100_0472.jpg

Install a ferrule on the other end, fold the cable thru the solid ring and back into the ferrule, pull it tight and crimp in the vice. I made 2 sizes. The short one is for just a helmet. The long one I use to secure the helmet and run thru the sleeve of my jacket and onto the lock.

100_0470.jpg

The Idea is the looped end runs thru the D rings but the solid ring end wont fit so its secure. Hook the looped end over the lock, install your seat.

100_0469.jpg

100_0468.jpg

When you get them done, Dip them or paint them with the Plastic dip so they cant scratch your paint or helmet. I used 2 to 3 coats of dip on mine. (prepare a place to hang it for drying)

100_0471.jpg

Hope that helps!

I dont use them all the time but sometimes like at a restaurant or when running errands to public buildings and such, I just lock them up. If its cool out, I dont mind wearing the jacket inside for a few minutes but when its hot and I just rode thru town, sitting at stop lights...... I just want the thing off.

I figure most people who steal something like that would just do it cause they could..... this just makes it so those people need a tool in their pocket to do so.... lol. So, Just for my peace of mind.... so I dont feel like I have to keep my eye on it while trying eat or use the restroom in a restaurant...... I have these under the seat for when I need them......

I figure most people who steal something like that would just do it cause they could..... this just makes it so those people need a tool in their pocket to do so.... lol. So, Just for my peace of mind.... so I dont feel like I have to keep my eye on it while trying eat or use the restroom in a restaurant...... I have these under the seat for when I need them......

Keeps the "honest people honest", as Sam always says ;)

I never knew Bruce was in Star Wars?!? :eek:swordfight.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Ok i understand the locking the helmet up cause ya dont wanna carry it....but, if ya lock it up, how do you prevent some asshat douchebag from just walking by and randomly spitting in it cause hes a jealous dickknuckle? Wheres the write up for that? lmao!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Helmet on seat, cable thru D rings and Jacket sleeve, jacket over the helmet, cable locked onto rear seat.

I just picked up a Joe Rocket Jacket and don't want to lose it. Locking two helmets on my ZX is a cinch, but never thought about how to secure my jacket until now.

Good write up bro.