Dual sporting on Sunday the 23rd, anyone?

swingset

Me & a friend are planning on doing some riding Sunday, east of Columbus (Coshocton, Muskingum, that area)...mostly 2-track, quad trails, unincorporated roads and some back roads & gravel....hopefully culminating with a stop at The Depot for some fine BBQ in the shade....weather is supposed to be awesome.

Won't be anything super hairy, maybe a couple small sections of single-track here and there.

Anyone up for it? Planned on rolling out of Granville in the am, maybe doing 100-150 miles depending on where we go.

Sounds like a good time.... And the BBQ would normally be enough to seal the deal for me...., But this weekend is no good for me:mad:

I knew it was short notice but thought I'd pitch it out there anyway, just in case....I ride pretty much every weekend so if your gang ever wants to come down this way and hit some good stuff, just drop me a line.

I'm in, call me on my cell 614.562.9999

Sorry I didn't see this till early Sun. morning....my net was out last night and this is the first I've had a chance. I'll drop you a text this am, but repeat it here we're meeting at Mizer's Restaurant in Warsaw, OH (Rt.36 east of Mt. Vernon) at 8:30, if you can make there between 8:30 and 9:30 that's cool, or if you wanna give me a call then we can meet up en route.

740-398-2171

/Craig

Sorry I didn't see this till early Sun. morning....my net was out last night and this is the first I've had a chance. I'll drop you a text this am, but repeat it here we're meeting at Mizer's Restaurant in Warsaw, OH (Rt.36 east of Mt. Vernon) at 8:30, if you can make there between 8:30 and 9:30 that's cool, or if you wanna give me a call then we can meet up en route.

740-398-2171

/Craig

got your text, i ended up sleeping in really late. maybe next time?

So how was your ride?

My first offroad on the KTm was a ball. Who knew a bike that big could land so well! :) I forsee some better tires and a few carb adjustments in the near future but overall it was an awsome 360+ miles today. Check out the Caveman site for what's going on.

I hope you guys had a good time. I was stuck working on my bathroom to make the wife happy. My next several sundays are free if you wanna do it again!

Build-it, Glad to hear you are enjoying the Katoom. Do tell, how much fun is it twisting that throttle compared to the KLR? lol

Build-it, Glad to hear you are enjoying the Katoom. Do tell, how much fun is it twisting that throttle compared to the KLR? lol

Well, if the KLR is a tractor on two wheels, the 950 is a monster truck on two wheels.:D

got your text, i ended up sleeping in really late. maybe next time?

Absolutely...we'll do another one in a few weeks, maybe re-hit the Tar Hollow area that Buildit was nice enough to lead us through on the last ride (I saved the tracks!) :D

It was a fun ride, we found some good new sections of trail, some places we clearly shouldn't have been in, a nice mix and the weather was just perfect.