2 Down in Morrow County

Lunatik3

The crash happened at 1:50 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 25, on state Route 229, west of state Route 314, in Morrow County.

A 2007 Ford Taurus driven by 55-year-old Wilma A. Wickware of Marengo was traveling westbound on SR 229.

She was attempting to turn into Highland Community Park when she was struck by a 2007 Harley Davidson Motorcycle driven by 59-year-old Stanley A. Craig of Ashville.

Motorcycle passenger Danette S. Craig, 59, of Ashville and Stanley both were thrown from the motorcycle and were not wearing helmets.

Wickware was transported to the Morrow County Hospital by the Morrow County EMS.

Stanley was taken by MedFlight to Grant Medical Center in Columbus and died from his injuries late Tuesday evening.

Danette was pronounced dead at the scene by the Morrow County coroner.

State routes 229 and 314 were closed during the accident investigation.

The crash remained under investigation.

Troopers didn’t update Wickware’s condition.

at 60...does it matter? how much life do you have left anyway?

Yeah ok. I'm sure they set off that day thinking exactly that. I plan on havin some fun at 60. Besides, a Harley isn't the best way to do yourself in. I mean, it's in the top 10 but only just. :rolleyes:

RIP

Sad... really sad. Too many dying on bikes this year. Too many riders that just don't get it.

It is a dangerous sport. Like all sports you need the proper equipment. That's not to say a helmet would have helped them. But the lack of one shows a general disregard for safety.

They may have been someone's parents...

I was just there last night for the kids soccer practice. There is a significant dip in the road right before the turn in to the soccer fields. "If" you stop, look and turn, you wouldn't have any trouble seeing anyone coming. But, if you are in a rush and cut across the left lane to pull in , I can see how this kind of accident could happen.

Certainly not an excuse for the driver, just more info on the accident.

Edited by ShawnR