Bersa, Kel-tech, Magnum research, Hi-point

Gump

if you are looking into the Kel-Tec, i would suggest the Ruger version of the .380. i have yet to find a better conceal carry gun. it is almost identical to the kel tec, almost down to the pin, but it is built buy Ruger so you know the quality is top notch. i own one and can tell you first hand that it is a hell of a gun for ccw.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a bersa .45 Picked it up at vances on sale for like $275 it shot fine not too hard to clean. Just nothing special to me. I have a kel-tek 9mm that I really like it shoots great easy to cary. and it accepts the s/w high cap mags! so a little gun that holds 15, I'm in love!! When I picked up my kel-tek at gander mountain it was only $139.

Kahr P9 or PM9. CW9 if you want to go cheaper. Fantastic trigger, high quality, slim, easy to conceal, and easy to shoot accurately. Selling my P9 was a mistake.

I have a keltec p3at as a pocket gun and I'll replace it with a pm9 as soon as I stumble upon a deal.

If I had to rely on a firearm for self preservation it definetly would not be a HP. I've heard of enough reliability issues to keep me away.

Most of those "reliability" claims come from people who A. limp wrist B. Hold it "movie/Ghetto" style. C. sit at home and rack the slide.. expecting it to chamber like its firing... but the fact of the matter human hands do not have enough force to handcycle any firearm and expect reliambility.

now all that being said..

Carry Guns (in order of pref)

LCP

Kahr P9

Glock 19

Sig P232

SW 4043TSW

Bersa is a good Clean gun, decent waranty, not to much recoil in std target rounds. A little heavy for me for the amount of rounds.

Slimer and much easier to carry on the bike all day, Kel Tec P3AT or the Ruger LCP. Both have a lil bit more kick due to the smaller frame... so be sure your comfortable firing it one handed if need be..

The new Micro Eagle... looks nice... little thicker and heavier... I am sure will help reduce the recoil(still need to shoot one)

Also the Kahr P9 and PM9.. I prefer the P9 (bigger hands) if you not set on anything yet... there is rumor of a Kahr 380 and Glock is talking something "slimmer" ( but how knows)