Pics of injury at work

wnaplay

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work for a concrete cutting company and there was piece of concrete we were removing when the bolt rated for at minimum 5000lbs broke and dropped a 1200lb piece of concrete on the only piece of me I couldnt get out of the way.

Edited by wnaplay

Broke the bones 5 times and completely crushed 3. I am currently in physical therapy 3 times a week. I am able to walk for about 10-15 minutes before it aches really bad. I walk slow to try and mask the fact that I am hurt sso people dont look at me funny. Theres screws holding it all back together. Needless to say I havent been able to ride this season.

Thanks for all the support and kind words guys. Its definately been an experience I dont want to soon relive.:) The worst part is I left this company for 7 months and told them if they ever needed me I was a phone call away. i was back 5 weeks when it happened. previous to that I was there 12 years with only minor cuts and bruises. And the fact that workers comp is paying me less than 1/8th what I should be making.

Jeez man. I guess you can be thankful it didn't catch your entire leg...or body. That's definitely not a "yeah im good, i'll just walk it off" injury. :(

Do you remember what happened, after it fell on you?

I was cool after it happened, and thought maybe its not that bad. I knew it hit me but didnt feel painful. I decided to take my boot off just to verify I was good and I see 3 bones sticking up through my sock. I told the security guard who was watching the doors to call an ambulance and told one of our guys to call my wife and tell her what had happened. The funny part is i was supposed to be working at the hospital I was taken to but they cancelled the job that night so I went over to the job i was hurt on only to be taken back to the hospital in an ambulance.

I was cool after it happened, and thought maybe its not that bad. I knew it hit me but didnt feel painful. I decided to take my boot off just to verify I was good and I see 3 bones sticking up through my sock. I told the security guard who was watching the doors to call an ambulance and told one of our guys to call my wife and tell her what had happened. The funny part is i was supposed to be working at the hospital I was taken to but they cancelled the job that night so I went over to the job i was hurt on only to be taken back to the hospital in an ambulance.

What is that yellow stuff in your foot? Like styorfoam? (sp)