We're lost - Trip Out West piccies

Earache

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics of the trip! Any issues locating gas stations on some of those roads? What kind of range per tankful are you guys getting? I see there is a GPS unit, so probably not an issue finding gas stations? My sport bike only gets about 120 miles per tank full

Nice pics of the trip! Any issues locating gas stations on some of those roads? What kind of range per tankful are you guys getting? I see there is a GPS unit, so probably not an issue finding gas stations? My sport bike only gets about 120 miles per tank full

I can do about 320 miles on a tank in my bike, but the ZX's got about 140 from a tank.

I pretty much knew where all of the fuel stops were from having done these routes before, so we never ran out at all. Wasn't a problem at all.

Arriving in Santa Fe, we stay at the Hilton on the Plaza. Really close to the bars, restaurants, shops, etc...

IMG_6663Large.jpg

Ben sports his 35 Motorsports shirt to attarct the ladies and we head for the Coyote Cafe (see: www.coyotecafe.com ) for dinner on the rooftop cantina...

IMG_6647Large.jpg

IMG_6648Large-1.jpg

Mmmm.....spicy chimi's...

IMG_6651Large-1.jpg

After dinner, we waddle over to the Ore House for beers...

IMG_6667Large.jpg

We're the only ones at the bar and Matt the Bartender takes pity on us. Ben bought a few rounds, but this guy gave us abouyt 4 beers each and a shot or two of tequila....

IMG_6658Large.jpg

IMG_6659Large-1.jpg

IMG_6660Large.jpg

The next day and we're up at the crack of 9:30 AM. Today is a day off of the bikes so that our butt cheeks can heal. We wander across the street to Tia Sophia's for some breakfast burritos smothered in green and red chile....

IMG_6664Large.jpg

I'd have to say that I "rented" breakfast rather than bought it, as it was out of me in record time. Shitty managed to do some crop dusting around town as well.

Edited by Earache

The Fajita Wagon smelled good, but I was running low on clean underwear, so I gave it a miss. Maybe next time...

IMG_6665Large.jpg

IMG_6666Large.jpg

I had no idea what this was supposed to be or what they were supposed to be doing....

IMG_6670Large.jpg

Cool Pez Man...

IMG_6673Large.jpg