Now appearing at your local junkyard: Cash 4 Clunkers cars

max power

Went to 3 different junkyards today searching for an antenna for the wifes 4Runner. Of course didnt find one because no one ever junks them. :rolleyes:

The yards were overflowing with Cherokees, Exploders and Blazers. They were all labeled C4C, or CARS. Most were in pretty good shape. If you own one, its a smorgasbord out there boys. Go stock up while you can.

you looking for that shitty powered system they came up with max? Also I am need of seats for my 88 let me know if you come across any 4runner buckets or a bench. prefer buckets but would take a bench. I as well am ready for some trail runs if you wanna hook up.

huh I thought they were going to crush them after they blew the engines...

I heard they had to put a liquid that hardened like concrete into the block to make it inoperable, and after that they had to b crushed and recycled? I think it is good to let me pople pick any useful parts before that happens.

I've noticed a huge increase in clunkers being sold by dealers, listed in craigslist.

Go figure on that... not supposed to happen, but I think some dealers decided not to turn the paper work in on some of the vehicles. They decided to just sell them used like normal.

we were at the nationals in indianapolis and they were showing people something they found out when they were trying to blow up the engines in some of those trucks that have a v8.

they drained the oil and let them run until they blew up.

fords blew up almost immediately but most of the chevy engines ran for almost 20 min without any oil! LOL

should have let me know before i left work taht you needed toyota parts!! i do get a helluva discount. i even know the part number for what you need lol

I get 30% at Germain and they still wanted $75 for the Tacoma base and whip to convert it from the shitty power antenna. Fuck that. Its too bad they didnt let the bad frame Tacos go to the yards. You cant find a late model Toyota in any yard in columbus.

you looking for that shitty powered system they came up with max? Also I am need of seats for my 88 let me know if you come across any 4runner buckets or a bench. prefer buckets but would take a bench. I as well am ready for some trail runs if you wanna hook up.

There are 2 89-95 Runners at U-Pull-it (Refugee & Alum Creek) and they had buckets. There is a 93 pickup at Wirthmans that had beautiful grey bench seats, and a 96 Runner with shitty leather buckets.

As far as off-road, I'll ride with you. My baby is too pretty to beat on, and I had to sell my old Runners. :D

are you looking to convert it to the whip style regular antenna? If so I will make you a killer deal on mine. go pick up a pair of buckets for me Ill come get them reimburse you and give you the antenna setup of my truck.

should have let me know before i left work taht you needed toyota parts!! i do get a helluva discount. i even know the part number for what you need lol

Oh snap! Was that an open invite or just that guy? I have been contemplating replacing my bug deflector and floor mats in my 01' 4runner. ;)

ill be up that way wed to go to the picknpull in grovesport. If youd like max I can bring the one of my truck and you can have it. Just let me know.

Are you talking about the base and cable? If so, hells yeah.

What are you getting at the pick n pull? They didnt have any late model yotas there last week.

Sweet. The new yard at Refugee and Alum Creek (Just N. of 104) has 2 2nd gen 4Runners. didnt see if they had seats though. There is a 99 at Wirthmans with brown leather buckets, but they looked like 200k leather buckets.

Let me know when you are going to be there and I will meet you and help you get them out.

How much of the cable do you need I belive its two pieces do you want all the way to the radio. I do not know where any of these junkyards are at. I have directions to the upick but if you could shoot me some address or something for the other ones that you know has some yotas that be cool.