News from the south

buildit

Bikes being photographed and ticketed for riding areas prohibiting motorized vehicles. This is being discussed by several groups that ride the Smoky mnt area in TN and NC. Supposedly the LOEs are using wildlife cameras in the woods to photograph riders on restricted trails or roads and then ticketing them. It is unclear if the riders went around blockaids or tank traps to enter these areas but be warned. It may only be a matter of time before we start seeing similar techniques in Ohio given the amount of unimproved roads that counties are abandoning or gating off. I forsee this technique being used in Wayne too, where riders often use unapproved side trails or are making new paths.

im not surprised, they have every right to do that too. People who knowingly ride places where they shouldnt kill the sport. Off road parks and tracks are closing down because dirt riders now have a bad rep, so the public is trying to get them shut down for dumb stuff like noise. Weve lost a few tracks down here, and more in indiana, the place i used to ride in KY is shut down too

im not surprised, they have every right to do that too. People who knowingly ride places where they shouldnt kill the sport. Off road parks and tracks are closing down because dirt riders now have a bad rep, so the public is trying to get them shut down for dumb stuff like noise. Weve lost a few tracks down here, and more in indiana, the place i used to ride in KY is shut down too

+1 but as legal locations get closed down the temptation to ride illegal areas grows. Must ...resist....virgin...riding ... areas :D