anyone doing P90X

Hoblick

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its no joke, trust me. fuck it im gonna beat anorexia:D

Well, I need to drop about 50 pounds +/- 20 so I figure what the hell. I prefer the straight forward "here's what you need to eat today and the workout you're going to do" I'm just too lazy to figure it out on my own.

We'll see. I give it about 3 days

Matt, I suggest you find the "Cardio X" video and do that one first.

1) It's the easiest

2) It's the shortest

3) It'll give you a flavor for all the other tapes (At least Kenpo and Core)

Just know that during the regular P90X workout, you never do the "Cardio X" tape, that's just the tape he uses to break people in.

Matt, I suggest you find the "Cardio X" video and do that one first.

1) It's the easiest

2) It's the shortest

3) It'll give you a flavor for all the other tapes (At least Kenpo and Core)

Just know that during the regular P90X workout, you never do the "Cardio X" tape, that's just the tape he uses to break people in.

Did I hear the workouts are 90 minutes Justin?

Fonzie.

1:Chest & Back - 52:50

2:Plyometrics - 58:36

3:Shoulders & Arms - 59:53

4:Yoga X - 92:24

5:Legs & Back - 58:56

6:Kenpo X - 58:46

7:X Stretch - 57:32

8:Core Synergistics - 57:27

9:Chest, Shoulders & Triceps - 55:44

10:Back & Biceps - 51:36

11:Cardio X - 43:18

12:Ab Ripper X - 16:07

Jagr has it.

Note that the Ab Ripper is on the end of all the lifting tapes (#s 1,3,5,9,10) in addition to having a tape by itself - so +16 min to all those tapes if you follow the program explicitly - I don't anymore, I went through it twice. (though I never did Yoga X or the stretch tape -- didn't even try them)

I'm trying INSANITY now, but not necessarily adhering to that specific plan either since I spend two+ days a week just running. I'm not sure I like INSANITY -- it's tough, but it really doesn't play to my strengths (aka it has a lot of moves I don't like doing because of my stubby legs/long torso body configuration)

i downloaded it last night and I'm gonna give it a try. Hope i have better luck with it then most. i saw some pretty crazy reviews. You guys need to try Denise Austin!! lol Thats my girl! She has taught me lots of things!! LOL :D

Denise-Austin-640x480-70kb-media-39.jpg

lol, awesome direction that went in.

I didn't notice Justin's recommendation to do the Cardio X first... yesterday was Chest and Back and today was the Plyo shit.... as That Dude said... this shit aint a joke...

For my normal activity level WATCHING the videos makes me sweat... so jumping right in is killing me... if you guys don't hear from me again I decided to get lypo and change my identity.

Plyo is the hardest tape as far as I'm concerned, that tape and legs.

If you can make it through Plyo, you should be able to make it through the rest. Since I suck at pullups (shoulder doesn't like it) for the back exercises, I substitute pushups for those.

If you can make it through Plyo, you should be able to make it through the rest. Since I suck at pullups (shoulder doesn't like it) for the back exercises, I substitute pushups for those.

i don't have a pullup bar, but I use the bands and it's a reasonable substitute....

yah Plyo was tough as shit, halfway through I wasn't able to do anymore jumping so I did "low impact", but really it was half ass, for the rest.

Jagr has it.

Note that the Ab Ripper is on the end of all the lifting tapes (#s 1,3,5,9,10) in addition to having a tape by itself - so +16 min to all those tapes if you follow the program explicitly - I don't anymore, I went through it twice. (though I never did Yoga X or the stretch tape -- didn't even try them)

I'm trying INSANITY now, but not necessarily adhering to that specific plan either since I spend two+ days a week just running. I'm not sure I like INSANITY -- it's tough, but it really doesn't play to my strengths (aka it has a lot of moves I don't like doing because of my stubby legs/long torso body configuration)

I also doing insanity. I'm on the second go around first two months lost around 40 lbs. took a month off and just started it again monday

The plyo was hard at first.. We had a bunch of us here at the fire dept doing it.. Now, after doing it or so long, and we are now starting to do Insanity... The p90x plyo is a JOKE! Insanity is crazy! Don't get me wrong.. I don't want to sound like the fittest guy here, because I'm far from it! But, I'm just use to the plyo now and I need something more intence I guess?? Both programs are great workout for sure! Keep it up.. I just wish I could stick to the meal plan!! Haha.

I hated plyo. First time i did it i almost puked! :puke: