stands needed

drumbtzz

im tryin to get a jump-start on the shit i need to garage the bike through winter...if anyone had front and rear stands for a good deal let me know, if i cant get a deal off someone here ill just probably go get the bvp stands at iron pony, i think they run 50 for the rear and 80 for the front

im pretty sure im gonna get the stands off bruised...money is tight so 50 for both is a bomb deal...ill post up if it doesnt happen though and maybe more people can respond then or say somethin anyway for bad

and bad hit up ousley, he's got rear stand and pegs for 30 he told me

http://www.ohio-riders.com/member.php?u=1371

hey just curious -- our vtr 1000 has stands and i'll have to get them for my virago. but, r stands recommended for dirtbikes/quads? this is our third winter coming and we've never done that.

A dirt bike stand is totally different than a road bike set of stands. That being said, we've used the universal stands on our Supermotards a lot in the past with great success.

Cool thing with MX stands is that they are under the frame and allow access to EVERYTHING you need to get to. A lot cheaper than street stands, as well...

A dirt bike stand is totally different than a road bike set of stands. That being said, we've used the universal stands on our Supermotards a lot in the past with great success.

Cool thing with MX stands is that they are under the frame and allow access to EVERYTHING you need to get to. A lot cheaper than street stands, as well...

i think we have the stands for mx, but in terms of winter storage, what is the recommendation?

You can buy some decent one from Harbor Freight. I was trying to send you a link, but cannot figure out how. If you send me your email address, I will forward it to you. They only run around $60.00

Do NOT buy the aluminum one!!!

there has been numerous reports of them bending and dropping bikes.

if you're going to buy a front stand, i highly recommend the steering-head type rather than fork-base type.

much more stable, and you can do 100% of your fork work without ratchet-strapping the bike to the rafters of your garage (or the swing-set of the playground down the street, if you're me and don't have rafters)

the handy industries stands look like a good cheap solution. I have the BVP rear from Iron Pony ($50) and a T-rex front stand holding my CBR up any time it's not being ridden. the kick stand is in my work bench (somewhere), and hasn't been on the bike in a looooooong time.

I have both front and rear lockhart stands I can sell for 90 bucks plus I live in Strongsville.

i got both stands off bruised for 50 bucks yesterday so im set...all i need now is a trickle charger and a bike cover and im set for winter.

bad still needs stands though so maybe you two can get in touch with each other (as in contact, not actually touch each other k)