Parking Lot Security...

scheetz31

so i just moved back to c-bus to finish up my last year at osu....however...my apartment only gives me the ability to park my bike in a parking lot. I have a big bully cable lock...last year i used it through the swingarm and then around the a column off my back porch. pretty secure and somewhat hidden. This year, it will have to be parked out where all can see, and there is no avalible stationary object to chain it to.

just wondering if anyone else has ever lived in a situation like this...and if so, what further measures did you take to lock your bike up.

ps...eventually i would like to get a storage garage for it, but cannot at the momment. looking for a temporary solution. bringing the bike inside is not an option either, i have a second floor flat.

closest garge is1.5 hours away...i mean i ride it everyday, but its the overnight, and or day i cant ride it im worried about. mores so, my forks dont even lock at the moment either. only thing i can think of is a disc lock and my cable.

anyone have any experience with the alarmed disc locks? do they work well?

You could always get a Theft system that'd page you when people mess with it. Also - LoJack

I like it. I thought about doing this with mine too. Then I might have to get a shotgun to scare the person away too though... hrm...

I like it. I thought about doing this with mine too. Then I might have to get a shotgun to scare the person away too though... hrm...

Must...attempt... to not be.... mean to MJ. :D:p You just set yourself up so good. And you say you might 'have to get a shotgun' like it's a bad thing?

Shotguns don't need chains, sprockets, or new batteries... you'll be OK. :p

Must...attempt... to not be.... mean to MJ. :D:p You just set yourself up so good.

do it. i will so text you.

:D

And you say you might 'have to get a shotgun' like it's a bad thing?

Shotguns don't need chains, sprockets, or new batteries... you'll be OK. :p

that's it. expect a text.... it might even be a blank one.

I cable mine to the front of my van, near the apartment, under a cover with an alarm, in light from the porch light, and with a motion alarm pointed at it that sounds off inside the apartment. The cats, dogs, and raccoons set the alarm off...

Somebody yanked the cover back the first week I had it home, looking for something to steal. They got in the open neighbor's car and took miscellaneous stuff. But I live in a rough but decent area of duplexes where people don't mess around, mind their own business and watch out for each other. In a typical apartment complex, your results may vary...

Where I live, someone fooling around at night is likely to be targeted with lasers from multiple directions...

I have a big bully cable lock...last year i used it through the swingarm and then around the a column off my back porch.

I think the obvious answers are...

1. get an alarm system for it.

2. continue to use the bully cable lock, chain the wheels together so it can't be rolled away.

I would hire a midget with a cane pole to sit next to it when you aren't riding it. Dress him like a ninja and have him jump out and scream incoherent bad japanese then hit the person with the cane pole. Even if they weren't going to tr y to steal it. Just to get the word out.

luketheninja1.jpg

Ok so this isn't really a midget but you get the idea