Headlight Question-BP1260/H4

chevysoldier

Okay, so I have noticed my lights seem awfully dim at night. My bike uses BP1260/H4 Bulbs x2 (dual filament) I have heard that bulbs will dim slightly over time. I figure these are probably original. Does anyone now if this is true? Or know of brighter (but not too hot) replacement bulbs? Thanks.

I replaced my stock bulb with a Sylvania Silverstar. The difference is night and day....literally. They are available at most auto parts stores. I think I got mine at Advanced Auto Parts for $19. I will replace it with the same thing when this one burns out. Two of my friends also replaced theirs after seeing the difference it made on mine.

Good Luck

I recently upgraded my headlight to HID. The set up from DDM Tuning is completely plug n play. When I did a night ride through the Hollywood Hills w/couple of folks, I stayed to the rear of the group and my headlight lit their way. Ballasts even come w/no hassle life time warranty. Never seen a brighter headlight.

hidbikesingle.jpg at $45/each, not cheap but totally worth it.

I replaced my stock bulb with a Sylvania Silverstar. The difference is night and day....literally. They are available at most auto parts stores. I think I got mine at Advanced Auto Parts for $19. I will replace it with the same thing when this one burns out. Two of my friends also replaced theirs after seeing the difference it made on mine.

Good Luck

Ditto that. Best light for the money spent. I bought H4ST SilverStar for $16.18 on line, amazon dot com, free shipping, and with a rebate.

There are dozens of different types, make sure you get the right one.

Print the Sylvania on line rebate coupon

hey, the link quit working... it's on this page:

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/LightingForHome/CouponsAndRebates/default.htm

SilverStar products:

http://www.sylvania.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=103&page_id=15403008&query=silverstar&SCOPE=SearchHost&hiword=SILVERSTARS%20silverstar

Edited by ReconRat
link died while I was looking at it...

I recently upgraded my headlight to HID. The set up from DDM Tuning is completely plug n play. When I did a night ride through the Hollywood Hills w/couple of folks, I stayed to the rear of the group and my headlight lit their way. Ballasts even come w/no hassle life time warranty. Never seen a brighter headlight. at $45/each, not cheap but totally worth it.

Which options did you choose? The price isn't bad considering some popular systems.

Good Luck

Hmm, I think I might go that route. At at about the same price for stock bulbs, not bad.

I recently upgraded my headlight to HID. The set up from DDM Tuning is completely plug n play. When I did a night ride through the Hollywood Hills w/couple of folks, I stayed to the rear of the group and my headlight lit their way. Ballasts even come w/no hassle life time warranty. Never seen a brighter headlight.

at $45/each, not cheap but totally worth it.

If I had 90 bucks to throw at the bike right now, I would. But I will put this on the back burner for later.