Generic stainless steel brake lines

Goldie

I found a really good deal on some stainless steel brake lines, but they are not a name brand. I assume they are manufactured and sold by Racetech Performance in Walnut California. Anyway, I can get front and rear for $80 shipped. Here is a link to their eBay listing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-GSXR600-Stainless-steel-brake-line-kit-04-05_W0QQitemZ110438951091QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b6aca8b3&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245.

I guess my question is, would anyone here use these, or would you pass since they are not a name brand. I checked the sellers feedback rating and they have a solid rating from buyers. I also emailed several of the previous buyers to get their opinions as well.

Maybe if we get enough interested buyers, we could get a group buy going.

Thanks guys and gals

-D

Spiegler x 10000000000000...

These lines look like old school lines... There are essentially two sizes. A -2 and a -3. The Spieglers are really like a -2 1/2. They are great lines and honestly, the fittings are the difference.

Plus, as mentioned, Mathias supports all of us and is a great guy.

If you are looking at opinions on these lines, have you compared them against a basic Goodridge line? They don't seem to be that good a deal.

Those Goodridge are a decent price, but I am going to get both front and rear lines shipped for $80.

I have looked at Spiegler and would be happy to buy them, but from STG they are $110 for front, $57 for rear. Unfortunately, I am on a very limited budget, so cost is a huge factor for me.

Those Goodridge are a decent price, but I am going to get both front and rear lines shipped for $80.

I have looked at Spiegler and would be happy to buy them, but from STG they are $110 for front, $57 for rear. Unfortunately, I am on a very limited budget, so cost is a huge factor for me.

then wait and get the good stuff!!! dont waste your money by buying half assed products, i would rather save up the extra $30 and get something i know is going to work for me than regret spending $80 on something that you may or may not like...

thats just my $.o2

Well when I buy the lines I will be buying front and rear. So in this case, it isn't just an extra $30, it's double the price of the generic. I guess I can always wait to see what deals I can find. I just put the bike up, so I have nothing but time.

Well when I buy the lines I will be buying front and rear. So in this case, it isn't just an extra $30, it's double the price of the generic. I guess I can always wait to see what deals I can find. I just put the bike up, so I have nothing but time.

check out the wera boards and see if anyone has a set they are selling over there. buying used isnt a bad deal either. and it is a gixxer so parts will be everywhere for that thing!

Why rear? Not needed whatsoever...

But, if you insist, I'd still buy a set of Goodridge. Take it from a guy who has had brakes fail at triple digit speeds. Good shit is what you want - no name branded stuff may work, but if you were to bet your life on it, I'd figure you'd want something proven...

Had to put a replacement Galfer line on Flying Brick's K1200RS. Color matched red and works wonderfully. Anyone else use Galfer out here? They're based in CA so I figure the Speiglers are more popular out here. Perhaps an upgrade for the FJR someday...

I just ordered the full Galfer treatment. Twin front brake, rear brake and clutch, all for $179 shipped. How is the fit on the front lines? Is there a fixture to anchor the two lines to the bottom of the lower yoke?

Well, on the K1200RS, there are circular guides that the stock brake lines ran through. The line length is perfect so it doesn't flop around or look like it'll get caught on anything. I haven't seen a Galfer set on an FJR so you'd be the first one I know to do it.

I've got Galfer lines Front and rear with EBC HH pads on the front. Haven't had any issues with Galfer lines. I agree about the rear not being needed though. I got it because I like the look.

Had to put a replacement Galfer line on Flying Brick's K1200RS. Color matched red and works wonderfully. Anyone else use Galfer out here? They're based in CA so I figure the Speiglers are more popular out here. Perhaps an upgrade for the FJR someday...

I've got Galfer lines Front and rear with EBC HH pads on the front. Haven't had any issues with Galfer lines. I agree about the rear not being needed though. I got it because I like the look.

+1 all the way around. Running Galfer lines for about 3 years now, no problems. Cant really compare to anything else though, just tell ya they work and price wasnt bad.

also agree rear is unecessary, but did that and my clutch anyway so I could look cool :cool:

• 3 weeks later...