Should we do away with the rep system?

Casper

Should we do away with the rep system?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should we do away with the rep system?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say just the offending. 0 is taking it too far there. IMO.

Matt's rep can be answered as of today. 10/6/2009

Of course that's your opinion. You're the number one culprit. That's like asking a criminal if he wants jail time or probation. :lol:

Sad thing is, Carie and I saw it going on over a month ago.

Someone has been giving neg rep and signing my name. Thanks casper so now that person will be seen in usercp. So whoever got neg rep with signing MrA. It was not me. That is all.

No problem dude.

Someone has been giving neg rep and signing my name. Thanks casper so now that person will be seen in usercp. So whoever got neg rep with signing MrA. It was not me. That is all.
No problem dude.

Awwww....that's sweet. :puke::lol:

Now that everyone can see rep, I predict in a few days this site will be full of nothing but fighting. Shit will hit the fan.

Nah, keep it. I like my colored bars and stars, especially after NinjaNick gives me rep. :)

I think rep's biggest convenience is to send a quick message to the someone about a cool post they wrote, without sending a PM with details about it. I like that.

That will be put to another vote if rep is voted to stay. Should the cheaters have their reps reset to 0, or should just the offending reps be deleted....

A rep Matt left for you, incase anyone doubts:

I say just the offending. 0 is taking it too far there. IMO.

Matt's rep can be answered as of today. 10/6/2009

Just so we're clear and everyone knows it's not ME Matt they are all talking about... just saying cuz I read this and went "Hey wtf I didn't do anything!"

and to add, I think rep should be weighted heavier for length of membership, post count, and event attendance (would be difficult to manage but would require Admin/Mod) and less on so-and-so repped me.

Just saying, I'm a relatively new member so I don't have much to gain by this suggestion.

and to add, I think rep should be weighted heavier for length of membership, post count, and event attendance (would be difficult to manage but would require Admin/Mod) and less on so-and-so repped me.

Just saying, I'm a relatively new member so I don't have much to gain by this suggestion.

agreed with everything but the attendance rep... some people are way far away from nearly every OR event.

I LOVE seeing who left past rep!!!! People who didnt sign it are such pusses lol. I think this is cause i made it a goal to pass casper

I agree people that don't sign rep by there name and put someone else is childish. It was Max Power who was giving neg rep to people on here and then signing my name. Whoever got neg rep from him I am sorry. He is IDK how old and doing this. :lol: makes me laugh.

I don't think I have ever really paid any attention to the whole rep thing. I read a few of the comments left when I was repped. It doesn't mean anything to me. If I ask for advice on something I look at the advice I get and figure out what I want to do. Just because your rep o'meter isn't that high doesn't mean you have no useful information...the opposite is also true.

So I'm not voting cause I don't give a rats ass if it stays or goes.

Just so we're clear and everyone knows it's not ME Matt they are all talking about... just saying cuz I read this and went "Hey wtf I didn't do anything!"

your name is matt?

i always thought it was likwid snake

picture.php?albumid=460&pictureid=7791

Does someone need to start a thread just some everyone can call people out for not signing past rep? I didn't sign them at first because I didn't know much about it. I'm with Mr A, not signing neg rep is one thing, whatever, but signing someone elses name? Thats not cool, makes the other person look bad.

Does someone need to start a thread just some everyone can call people out for not signing past rep? I didn't sign them at first because I didn't know much about it. I'm with Mr A, not signing neg rep is one thing, whatever, but signing someone elses name? Thats not cool, makes the other person look bad.

You just got called out for doing it...or did i miss something?