Who's drinking?

RSVDon

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna get her the info, but when I entered 2008 Rustang, it didn't give me the 3l option that she had listed in her post. I have access to pretty much any automotive specs you could ever need, through work.

All i meant was, i didn't believe the engine was used in the mustang. Primarily known to be in the rangers...i guess? :D

+1 I didn't even realize I was bleeding once. lulz

lol. Anybody else got any stories? Always fun to here.

My Probe had the 2.2L turbo motor. Pimp...

I loved the way the probe handled. The darn thing was a nightmare for repairs though. I blew a head gasket at 70K had to have the engine rebuilt because of the damage, then by the time it got to 120K it had a SERIOUS clunking in the engine. I took it to 4 different car repair places, they all quoted me over $1K. One time it was having troubles going (as in i had to jump on the gas to get it to go in the lower gears (auto trans)), ford told me $800 for some sort of mass air flow sensor... mmmk, i changed the spark plugs, air filter, oil, then spark plug wires - just for the sake of keeping up on maintenance - ended up the problem was one of the spark plug wires was messed up. + a million other things wrong made for some interesting drivig experiences...

I had the GT too, when it was working, it was a really nice car :)

I loved the way the probe handled. The darn thing was a nightmare for repairs though. I blew a head gasket at 70K had to have the engine rebuilt because of the damage, then by the time it got to 120K it had a SERIOUS clunking in the engine. I took it to 4 different car repair places, they all quoted me over $1K. One time it was having troubles going (as in i had to jump on the gas to get it to go in the lower gears (auto trans)), ford told me $800 for some sort of mass air flow sensor... mmmk, i changed the spark plugs, air filter, oil, then spark plug wires - just for the sake of keeping up on maintenance - ended up the problem was one of the spark plug wires was messed up. + a million other things wrong made for some interesting drivig experiences...

I had the GT too, when it was working, it was a really nice car :)

Did you have a 2nd get GT (93-97) or a 1st gen (89-92)?

Mine was an 89'. I had so much fun with that car. Picked it up for $600 and it was a great car all around. Yeah, it did blow a head gasket, but no biggie, I replaced it and it still runs fine to this day even after I sold it.

Speaking of Mazda's...V8 rx7's...mmmm. :D

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Kevin_Doe/RX-7

$30,000 OR Some trades considered (RWD, large displacement, independent rear suspension...you get the idea)

Exterior Shots

kevindoetwo.jpg

IMG_2427-Processed.jpg

kevinburnout.jpg

kevburnout2-2.jpg

AutoxPics5.jpg

AutoxPics3.jpg

AutoxPics1.jpg

CamdenJuly09.jpg

d555eb8a.jpg

kevindoethree.jpg

Engine Bay

38c8bdba.jpg

Interior.

Interiorinstalled2.jpg

Dyno Graph

Dyno_3-6-09.jpg

Video of Autox last month:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkJVpBKAP4c

It's for sale too! :cool:

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/Kevin_Doe/RX-7

$30,000 OR Some trades considered (RWD, large displacement, independent rear suspension...you get the idea)

Exterior Shots

kevindoetwo.jpg

IMG_2427-Processed.jpg

kevinburnout.jpg

kevburnout2-2.jpg

AutoxPics5.jpg

AutoxPics3.jpg

AutoxPics1.jpg

CamdenJuly09.jpg

d555eb8a.jpg

kevindoethree.jpg

Engine Bay

38c8bdba.jpg

Interior.

Interiorinstalled2.jpg

Dyno Graph

Dyno_3-6-09.jpg

Video of Autox last month:

It's for sale too! :cool:

Friend of yours? Sounds very sexy.

Did you have a 2nd get GT (93-97) or a 1st gen (89-92)?

Mine was an 89'. I had so much fun with that car. Picked it up for $600 and it was a great car all around. Yeah, it did blow a head gasket, but no biggie, I replaced it and it still runs fine to this day even after I sold it.

It was designed by Mazda if it was a 1st gen. ;)

It was a 96. Still had the Mazda Engine.

I don't know about the Ls1 conversion? I've worked on tons of 7's and I got to say I love them rotory motors! I've seen a few over 500 hp with two rotors. They are just such a simplistic design. I want an FD so bad! your buddy has a nice motego blue FD.