Carolina Motorsports Park

SJC1000rr

Nov 21 & 22

I finally pulled the trigger on this one and signed up for the weekend with STT. Just thought I'd post if anyone else was looking at it or would want to go down since I will have trailer room for one. I will be staying down there for Fri/Sat night and coming back Sunday

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its $127.50/day and I had to get the membership this time around. According to google its about a 8-9Hr drive down. I am planning on leaving Friday about noon from my house in Canal Winchester. I have a double rail trailer that works pretty well and have taken several bikes up to Mid Ohio.

Heres an E-mail I got back from Mark Sheldon (Director for Southern events)

CMP is a long flowing course about 2 miles in length, surface is good and not too hard on your tires. You can rent a garage with electric like at Mid-Ohio big enough for four bikes for $50.00 a day from the track, otherwise the pit area is grass with electric available. STT South Instructors will cover this event and they are very good as we taught all of the Northern Instructors.

Hope to see you thee!

Mark

Edited by SJC1000rr

i heard those southern guys are faaaaaast. this was coming from some instructors in the "northern" group.

I heard that also, especially Mark on his twin's. I picked up one of the duke's for STT earlier this year from him, he is a nice guy. Have fun out there steve, should be fun to do a new track.

a trackbike is the best thing i've ever purchased. ever. for $1600 there's a 1995 ZX6 for sale in IL. kind of a long drive, but a lot of bike for that price.

i tried to get my brother and my wife to share it, but my brother replied with "it says it's sprung for a 220 lbs rider - are Sara and I riding it together?" sarcastic ass...

are you riding Sunday, or just staying Saturday night to avoid driving all night?

$130 + gas isn't bad at all, considering I'd get to ride in November for once...

I am riding on Saturday & Sunday in Novice. I am heading down Friday and spending the night down there Fri & Sat night and driving back Sunday after the trackday concludes. I made a reservation at a hotel and got the garage reserved also. 1st one also! So I got prime pick :D

Edited by SJC1000rr

I am riding on Saturday & Sunday in Novice. I am heading down Friday and spending the night down there Fri & Sat night and driving back Sunday after the trackday concludes. I made a reservation at a hotel and got the garage reserved also. 1st one also! So I got prime pick :D

why are you in novice ?

i think i'm officially out... I should be in hardcore study mode that weekend. a trip to the track would be awesome, but not wise.

I would definitely switch your second day to "I." Unless you really have a hard time learning new tracks, the classroom instruction on day 2 will bore you to death.

Plus STT's "I" group isn't usually that fast. Hell, at Nelson on Saturday, a rider with an STT "A" sticker on her bike was excited that she was turning 1:27's. I was disappointed I wasn't breaking 1:20, and I consider myself an "intermediate" rider.

• 2 weeks later...

I bit the bullet too. Novice on Saturday, and Intermediate on Sunday. New track, new bike, three years since my last non-wet track day. I'll have the race line worn into my head by the next day.

Looking forward to it.