Carolina Motorsports Park

SJC1000rr

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gates open Friday approx 6:00pm close 9:00pm. Re-open Sat 7am-9pm, Sun 7am-5pm CMP is Eastern time zone.

Camping is allowed and electric is available, you pay the track for that.

Garages are available but not free, you must pay the track for them, they fit about four bikes per garage.

Sign-up opens 7am both days and closes at 10;30am for the day. Please be on time.

Tech opens 7am and closes 10:30am

Mandatory riders meeting 8:15am both days, Int riders on track at 9am

Pets are allowed at CMP but must be on a leash at all times, please pick up after them.

Consession stand open for breakfast and lunch if you want to buy it there. No fast food close by.

Showers are available at CMP

Race gas available at the track, there is a small Jiffy store in front of the track.

As always, we ride rain or shine, be prepaired for Southern rain showers.

Tire service available all weekend long with Killer prices on Michelin tires and we have the new Power One in stock.

We bring Lap timers, gloves, back and chest protectors, tire warmers and knee pucks with us for sale.

Superbike Suspension will be there!

Any questions please post up here.

Lets have some fun!

-Motorin Mark-STT Southern Site Thread

I just signed up novice Saturday and Advanced Sunday. I'm gonna go broke. I put up rain tires, extra wheels and soon some take off tires for sale. Buy my shit!

Apparently STT doesn't want me to run novice on Saturday and then Advanced on Sunday. WTH, I just wanted to learn the track on Saturday. I felt like bumping up to advanced next track day anyway. Am I best off trying to sign up novice both days or advanced both days in this situation?

Joseph,

We have received the above order for Carolina. Your order is for Novice on Saturday and Advance on Sunday. Looking at your recent riding history with us I see you rode with the Intermediate group at Barber in October. Because of this I have cancelled your order and voided your credit card charge. Because of safety concerns we canot allow you to ride in Novice and Advance because the Intermediate group is full.

I suggest you watch the forum for anyone who may be selling their intermediate spots. We thank you for your interest is riding with us and hope you will continue to do so in the future.

Thank you,

Cheryl

I had no issue going Novice to Intermediate. Maybe it's the two level jump? Cool to see more OR at CMP. Cheers!

well they canceled it and refunded my credit card and suggested watching the forums. Like they won't let me sign up for anything now because they saw it as me signing up in those classes because intermediate was full. So, I called them and left a VM and replied to the email but no response yet. I may not be going now. :(

Anyone selling their intermediate days?

Apparently STT doesn't want me to run novice on Saturday and then Advanced on Sunday. WTH, I just wanted to learn the track on Saturday. I felt like bumping up to advanced next track day anyway. Am I best off trying to sign up novice both days or advanced both days in this situation?

you could ask stt-brian to put in a good word for you, or just call/email monte directly.

The office is only open until 4:00. I spoke with Brenda?? at the office, who was both personable and accommondating. She set me up over the phone.

OK, I got ahold of someone, they are gonna let me ride advanced both days.

Now if the weather would make up its mind! Shifting between sunny and good and 30-40% chance.

someone just sent money for my rain tires so my rain set up is officially broken up and sold. Based on this I would expect it to rain :)

Yah, sorry guys, I'll take the fall for this one.

Packing the Nunchucks right now, and as always, bringing the Ninja skills. Got my eye on you... It WILL be sunny and upper 60's.:p

well they canceled it and refunded my credit card and suggested watching the forums. Like they won't let me sign up for anything now because they saw it as me signing up in those classes because intermediate was full. So, I called them and left a VM and replied to the email but no response yet. I may not be going now. :(

Anyone selling their intermediate days?

Just a note - Novice group isn't for track sighting and learning the track. I would NEVER allow you to pull that off. I'd let you run I group and learn in that and bump up the next day.

In all honesty, I never knew why guys don't ride what group they are ability level set at. You can learn a new track easier in the group you typically ride in than getting used to it by end of day in a lower group and then being held up or riding above the level that you are in.

Next time, just ride A and take it slow. Once you are up to speed, you'll be fine.

Who's tractor is that? How the hell do they pull it off being private coach? There's no way... That's a full on semi truck w/o a single living quarter in it!

Cool, though...

It says DTM power on the trailer so it's probably BMW guys with big money.

I remember DTM power from the Gumball series with Dado in his yellow M3 and whatever that annoying guys name is.

Just a note - Novice group isn't for track sighting and learning the track. I would NEVER allow you to pull that off. I'd let you run I group and learn in that and bump up the next day.

In all honesty, I never knew why guys don't ride what group they are ability level set at. You can learn a new track easier in the group you typically ride in than getting used to it by end of day in a lower group and then being held up or riding above the level that you are in.

Next time, just ride A and take it slow. Once you are up to speed, you'll be fine.

Yah, it was a silly move. I had just never ridden A before. I wanted to bump up to A next track day but not on a brand new track.

In retrospect after riding in A both days at CMP. It wasn't so bad. I didn't feel I held anyone up, I held my lines and was just the slow guy in the group. It was much better than even running intermediate where I always find at least a few people that are holding me up but I don't know how to pass. Anyway, A group for me from here on out. I feel 100 times safer being passed 6 inches away by them than any of the I group people 6 feet away.

Who's tractor is that? How the hell do they pull it off being private coach? There's no way... That's a full on semi truck w/o a single living quarter in it!

Cool, though...

The tractor belongs to a guy in a group out of DC on meetup.com called kneedraggers101. found at http://www.meetup.com/kneedraggers-101/

He bought the truck on ebay and had the trailer from racing cars for GM then for BMW, he hooked the trailer up to the tractor, took pictures and got the whole set up titled as a mobile home. The trailer has "living quarters" So now as long as the trailer is on it he can drive it with out an A licence or a need to pull into weigh stations. He said he still pulls into the stations though just so he doesn't have to explain himself to the police when they see him drive by. The trailer can hold 14 bikes. They brough 10 down. Really cool.

Edited by vw151