Anyone have a "sport sedan" I can borrow for a weekend? Lutz CTS-V Challenge

Disclaimer

I know there's a few 'cage' nuts on here like myself, but I don't know how many have been following Lutz's CTS-V challenge. Basically, it's a 'run what ya brung' contest (stock vs. stock) against the CTS-V.

Jalopnik was the first to challenge (originally saying they'd be in an AMG Merc, but I guess the new news is they're bringing a Jag), but they've got a contest going on for a few additional cars into the dogfight.

So, does anyone want to loan me their sport sedan for a weekend? According to Lutz blog, your best bet would be to bring a Porsche Panamera...

Jalopnik Vs. GM: It's On!

It's official. Jalopnik's Wes Siler will race GM's former vice-chairman Bob "Maximum Marketing" Lutz on October 29th at New York's Monticello Motor Club. Better news? You may be able to race Bob and Wes. May the best car win, bitches. If you're not sure what's going on — here's the back-story. In a media conference call last month, while announcing the General's new "May The Best Car Win" marketing campaign, Bob Lutz told journalists he'd race a CTS-V versus any production car on Laguna Seca out west. Matt Hardigree came up with the idea to call him out on his shenanigans. I agreed he should let Bob know we'd be willing to put Jalopnik's road test editor Wes Siler up against the "Maximum Madman." Lutz accepted and now it's on. Yes, that's right, we'll be racing Bob in a Jaguar XFR (Mercedes wasn't too keen on the idea of the C63 AMG vs the CTS-V, but that's OK, we're comfortable with the XFR) and better news? You can be there too.

Do you want to have a go at Wes and Bob in your own production vehicle? Here's how it's going to work.

● You go to Fastlane and read Bob's post.

● Then go to this website and sign up.

● Then we help pick the folks we'll see at Monticello.

● Then it's on like Donkey Kong on October 29th.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to ride in the last gen CTS-V at an auto-x, it's no Vette, but that thing can MOVE! With a little more room to stretch it's legs that would be tough. Still, get a really good driver in an M5 and I'll still take the German.

CTS-V has already proven it's faster than the M5.

BMW sent an M5 with one of their F1 drivers to compete against the CTS-V with Jan Mugnussen on a neutral track. Each session, the BMW got faster and the CTS-V was still ahead. The V is NOT to be fucked with.

I got to flog one a few months back. Flew down some on-ramps and the highway at uber illegal speeds. Let's just say it's 65-1xx accel figures are impressive.

Had some d-bag kid in daddies CTS-V egging me on to race him this weekend at a light. He should have been paying better attention or learn how to drive, I had 2 car lengths on him quickly. What a waste. I would love to drive one.

Edit: Just to clarify I wasn't on the bike. This was in the cage.

Edited by fusion