The abortion thread - if you dare ;-)

redkow97

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only at 5.5 months and I've seen my kids heart beating, arms, legs, organs, etc....doesn't make a difference to me if it's in the 3rd or not. You didn't quote all my post either.

I've never been pro choice in my life... and after recently having a child I can't imagine someone having little or no regard for life because they find a child "inconvenient". I'm not referring to cases of rape, incest, or medical complications. I'm referring to the rest of the reasons people abort children.

I remember seeing the heart beat in the first sonogram at 12 weeks. Before my daughter was born I felt like I had this unbelievable connection to a life I had yet to meet, but new was there and couldn't wait to bring into the world. Child birth has been so romanticized and over played through the years that all the "cliches" about it have been worn out but yet still remain true. Seeing my daughter born was probably the greatest day of my life. She's a little over 7 months old now and every day with her is a blessing. People value different things differently, but I'm a little disturbed when people don't value the innocent life of a child. For me, abortion is nothing about telling a woman what she can or can't do with her body. I think thats a lame counter argument. It's about giving a voice to the child. Unfortunately there's so many circumstances and shades of gray in this complicated issue that no one can develop a black and white standard that offers a solution to encompass every situation.

Feds have no place in this topic.

Government doesn't really have a place in it either. WWTJD? (What Would Thomas Jefferson Do?)

BUT if we're going to vote on it, only women should vote.

on the contrary, if it's acceptable for a woman to have an abortion because she cant afford to care for it, shouldnt a man have the option to demand it or get out of child support? Why should a "woman's body, a woman's choice" become "a man's expense?"

So you never heard about them throwing babies in a dumpster before because they didn't want them. A nurse got trouble once for going out to get the baby before.

I hate to break it to you, but they can put all the laws and regulations you could possibly imagine that's not going to stop "dumpster abortions"... we're not arguing about people breaking the law :)

You didn't quote all my post either.

You ninja edited :)

I prefer it in the butt, that solves most problems

Sure :-D

I said if there is a medical emergency where the mother's life is in jeopardy and the only way to save her is to terminate the pregnancy then it should be done with immediacy.

+1

This is one of those threads that I dont think you are entitled to post an opinion unless you have kids.

So flip side, does a fertilized egg that is not implanted into a woman count as an abortion? There are many that make the argument the invetro is an abomination because there are several fertilized eggs and they know all of them won't survive.

Is the morning after pill abortion? I don't think so at all, and I think it's a "good" solution to "accidents." Wear a condom, if the condom breaks... there's a plan, not waiting 3 months and then aborting.

Your example is one of poor judgment. A condom only? SRSLY?? If a female is sexually active she should be on birth control and carry condoms with her. Take some responsibility for yourself. Besides' date=' how many times have you broken a condom during intercourse? I bet it's never happened.[/quote']

I don't wear a condom, they're for losers.

Why "birth control AND condoms"?

And what kinds of female contraceptives would you deem suitable? Because some women I spoke with don't like having synthetic drugs/hormones in their system all the time.

So they'd rather have a child, their own flesh and blood, ripped out of them...............yeah that is better than hormones/drugs.:rolleyes:

See. I was right. Again. :cool:

If my wife got pregnant tonight' date=' I'd push her down the stairs. [b']KIDDING, we'd settle up our finances, plan out a budget and she'd stop taking birth control immediately. We've had that "scare" before we were married, abortion didn't come to mind.

Why "birth control AND condoms"?

And what kinds of female contraceptives would you deem suitable? Because some women I spoke with don't like having synthetic drugs/hormones in their system all the time.

I agree, "birth control and condom" is a bit ridonculous to consider "required" compared to 1 and not the other. How about a condom, a diaphragm, a en-utero implant, and just to be safe a body condom?

naked-gun-condom-scene.jpg

Your example is one of poor judgment. A condom only? SRSLY?? If a female is sexually active she should be on birth control and carry condoms with her. Take some responsibility for yourself. Besides' date=' how many times have you broken a condom during intercourse? I bet it's never happened.[/quote']

+1. i always tag team birth control. too much on the line for both of us right now.

As a distraction from the OP subject, anybody try the membrane condoms like Natural Lamb?

I hate to break it to you, but they can put all the laws and regulations you could possibly imagine that's not going to stop "dumpster abortions"... we're not arguing about people breaking the law :)

I think you missunderstood me. I'm talking about a Hospital. Read more here:Hospital aborts living babies

We can just add the War on Abortion right under the War on Drugs, War on Terror, and War on Taxes. I wonder which one will win because we can't win them all.

I think we have yet to successfully win a war based on ideologies, not geography.

Edited by JRMMiii