Time Warner vs. AT&T U-Verse

Fonzie

Anyone made the switch/ have AT&T? Are you happy with it/them?

AT&T is making us a pretty sweet offer to switch back to them. We currently have a bundle with TW for $125/mo..... Unlimited phone, broadband, HD cable w/ no premium channels & 1 HD DVR/converter box. They claim their download speeds are up to 7mps, but I've never been close to that IIRC. They claim we have their best pricing for the bundle package we have, & can't better it with any "Retention bonuses"

AT&T offering 4 boxes networked with main one, able to play &/or record 4 things at once. Main box 320gb hard drive. Phone/cable/internet for $115/mo, + $100 rebate check. They claim their upload speeds are 7mps

We used to be with AT&T several years ago, but made the switch because TW made us an offer saving us ~$40/mo by bundling our services with them...... + I was beyond sick & tired of AT&T's pisspoor customer service & long wait times. Any time I had to call in, I planned on it taking 30-45 minutes of time....Literally...... Much of it on hold waiting for the first person to finally take my call, before they'd pass the buck about 3-4 times :mad: TW.... I'm usually talking to someone within minutes, never play "pass the call", and am off the phone in 5-10 minutes most times

On paper, looks like too sweet of a deal to pass up, but wanted to get some opinions before making the switch back. I'm also going to place a call to their CS & see if anything's changed

1) Are you happy with the technology?

2) Are you happy with their customer service?

If you decide to go with U-verse let me know. I work for AT&T and will help you with any issues you may have. I personally do not have U-verse since I live in an Embarq service area. All I can tell you is that of everyone I have spoken to who has the service really likes it.

I have had U-Verse for over 18 months now. I dont have the telephone component - just the TV and internet. Oddly enough, I switched from Time-Warner.

In the time I have had it, I have had NO issues with the service. None. No internet or cable outages (something that happened continuously with TWC).

I have recommended it to everyone I know. If you have it in your area, get it.

I have had both Time Warner and U-Verse and would pick U-verse hands down every time. I've had issues with Time Warner in 3 cities that I've lived in and U-Verse I haven't had a single issue with. Better channel selection, better prices, faster internet is what sold me in the first place

Yeeeeesh :wtf:

Just tried toast.net, as I've not played on there for awhile

1,200--2,100kb for supposed broadband/roadrunner service that they claim is up to 7mb :rolleyes:

Edited by Fonzie

If you're truly looking for happiness and overall life enrichment I suggest unplugging the dummy box. You'll go through a few months of withdraw and then you'll thank me. Haven't had television for ~7 years.. it's the good life.

So you're sayin' you use HuLu now?!? ;)

Never seen it. Don't intend to.

but' date=' but, but... football sucks. baseball sucks. basketball sucks.

How much money do you spend on television a month? All that money so you can watch more commercials than content. (not even good content, I might add) What a waste. I have a television and I'll rent television series DVDs from NetFlix if I'm so inclined, but other than the series "Dexter" I'm not that interested in the boobtoob.

"Television, a medium. So called because it's neither rare nor well done." Ernie Kovacs.[/quote']

Twas a tongue-in-cheek comment. I wholly agree with you on that point.

where is that site that tells you what your current speed is? I cant seem to find it.

Yeeeeesh :wtf:

Just tried toast.net, as I've not played on there for awhile

1,200--2,100kb for supposed broadband/roadrunner service that they claim is up to 7mb :rolleyes:

:p

Never seen it. Don't intend to.

but' date=' but, but... football sucks. baseball sucks. basketball sucks.

How much money do you spend on television a month? All that money so you can watch more commercials than content. (not even good content, I might add) What a waste. I have a television and I'll rent television series DVDs from NetFlix if I'm so inclined, but other than the series "Dexter" I'm not that interested in the boobtoob.

"Television, a medium. So called because it's neither rare nor well done." Ernie Kovacs.[/quote']

What about the Moto gp races? :(

Speaking of which... GO STONER!

I had AT&T about 18 months ago, (with TW now), all i remember from AT&T is that if you want to dl stuff, like large files or torrents, it may take awhile. AT&T is better for uploading. but they could be better now, thats all I remember, other than that I dont recall having any issues with them

I'm not a fan of AT&T. I've never had it, mainly because I work for Insight. I get my phone/cable (all channels) and RR for about $50/month. My father-in-law has AT&T and hates it. He is planning on leaving them as soon as his contract is up. He said his internet is slow, which it is, occasionally loses channels, and their customer service sucks.

I've only had TW one time about 6 years ago.

I've had both...ATT is superior in everyway, except one. That one being that if you have multiple televisions you may block yourself out. I have 3 HD televisions, and can only use 2 in HD, the other must be in standard. The internet is solid. I don't have the phone option...house phones are lame. All in all, it may be a bit more expensive, but I have never been happier with a "cable" provider. Also TW does not support HDMI...ATT does. Again superior in every way, so long as you arent a crazy like me and have multiple HD tvs.

speedtest.net

Yeah..... They told me to try that one, but it was making me download something to my hard drive just to run the stinkin' test :confused:

My father-in-law has AT&T and hates it. He is planning on leaving them as soon as his contract is up.

No contracts now

I have Time Warner right now. I only pay for Roadrunner right now but I'm also getting all the standard cable channels for free since they didn't install a line filter. I'm seriously thinking about switching to ATT Universe, I'd like to finally upgrade to HD and DVR, but TW doesn't seem to have very good bundle deals for just internet and cable right now. I don't want or need a home phone.