STFU about the flu already!

Likwid

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i swear to god. ask my close friends on here. i dont take meds or anything like that and i have to be pretty much suffering to even take a tylenol. i have never liked pumping stuff into my body that isnt supposed to be there (except beer;)) and i pretty much never get sick

As I have taken more medications (and alcohol) I tend to get sick more often than I used to. Then again, I now have to deal with a couple kids bringing stuff OTHER THAN A'S ON REPORT CARDS home from school....

Edited by jporter12
See bold print

As I have taken more medications (and alcohol) I tend to get sick more often than I used to. Then again, I now have to deal with a couple kids bringing stuff OTHER THAN A'S ON REPORT CARDS home from school....

:lol: i have always believed the more stuff you take to help you immune system the more your body depends on that stuff instead of taking care of it like its supposed to. :dunno:

i swear to god. ask my close friends on here. i dont take meds or anything like that and i have to be pretty much suffering to even take a tylenol. i have never liked pumping stuff into my body that isnt supposed to be there (except beer;)) and i pretty much never get sick

:bow:

I need to get back to doing that, I used to be that way.

This may be true, but seeing as we don't have a cure for AIDS yet, there is a good possiblity something could come that we have no cure for and wipe out most the population. I also believe this could happen because we have all thos "kill 99.99% of germs" hand wash, people take pills for eveything. I think we are doing more harm this way than letting our bodies build up the immune system. Don't take this to the extreme though and say I am saying if you're in a hospital dying from somthing we could cure with medicine, not to, go for it and cure it.
:lol: i have always believed the more stuff you take to help you immune system the more your body depends on that stuff instead of taking care of it like its supposed to. :dunno:

Yup

lol, remember it's not JUST about medicine as in drugs, it's also the public's ability to DEAL with disease.

In 1918 do you think they said "hmm, I should cough into my hand" or "I shouldn't shit out my window?"

Sure, but I think that might be effectively countered by modern transmittal from touching escalators, elevator buttons, door knobs, computer keyboards and commercial transport aircraft. (And counter pens in banks, if anyone still goes to a bank.) The known current methods of spreading viral disease.

Not to mention the increase in vectors, the number of people.

1918 world population ~ 1,600,000,000

2009 world population ~ 6,700,000,000

So if 26% of the population doesn't get the message, and coughs away, it would be like the entire population doing so in 1918.

edit: So in other words, the Earth is 4.18 times more crowded...

re-edit: screwed the population numbers up bad... take two..

Edited by ReconRat
screwed the population numbers up bad...

if i feel like im starting to get a cold or feel like shit i stop into the chiropractor and let him beat me up for a few min. and by the next morning i feel back to normal. :D it just works for me. :dunno:

Do you have an herbalist that makes you tea too?

if i feel like im starting to get a cold or feel like shit i stop into the chiropractor and let him beat me up for a few min. and by the next morning i feel back to normal. :D it just works for me. :dunno:

I just might start doing that. Oh and I wanna try accupuncture too-no flaming needles right off the bat though.

Im with you kawi. I dont take any kind of medication. My work also gives out the flu shot every year but i pass on that. I cant remember the last time i got the flu. (knock on wood).

It only takes once, personally I don't think I should get Mumps, Polio, HepB, HepA, and Diptheria, because really, what are the odds I'm going to even get them?

And, if you guys all get it, then I don't need it.

Yeah, my daughter has the flu, they think H1N1. She had a temp of 105.6 last night. It made for a very long night of watching her and keeping the fever in check. She's now down too 100.6, active, eating and drinking a little bit. And she's only 2.

Yeah, my daughter has the flu, they think H1N1. She had a temp of 105.6 last night. It made for a very long night of watching her and keeping the fever in check. She's now down too 100.6, active, eating and drinking a little bit. And she's only 2.

Sounds like she's doing better than I am! My fever's pretty much gone, but I just have NO energy, and eating is not something I feel like attempting right now. To top it all off, my 8 month old son has an ear infection, so he was fussy all night long, making it even tougher to sleep.

Yes, any fever that gets up around 104F, should be checked often. And especially with children.

And odds of getting Mumps? About 100% in a lifetime. Very risky and sometimes fatal as an adult to catch mumps. Best gotten over with when young.

Yes, any fever that gets up around 104F, should be checked often. And especially with children.

And odds of getting Mumps? About 100% in a lifetime. Very risky and sometimes fatal as an adult to catch mumps. Best gotten over with when young.

But if you all get the shot then I don't need it :)

But if you all get the shot then I don't need it :)

Inoculating the entire population vs eradicating a virus, are two different things. And neither one has worked yet, even with a lot of effort and claims of success.

In other words I hope you're joking, because all them viruses will be looking for the only ones not inoculated. Catching the mumps when young is by far the easiest way to "inoculate". But it's a rough one, I still remember lying in bed, hallucinating like a crazy person for hours on end.

btw, do people realize that a virus isn't even a biological? It's not plant or animal, by any know definitions. It appears to be a crystalline mineral. But it's alive, because it can reproduce and die. Rather creepy if you ask me.

Inoculating the entire population vs eradicating a virus, are two different things. And neither one has worked yet, even with a lot of effort and claims of success.

In other words I hope you're joking, because all them viruses will be looking for the only ones not inoculated. Catching the mumps when young is by far the easiest way to "inoculate". But it's a rough one, I still remember lying in bed, hallucinating like a crazy person for hours on end.

Yes, playing devil's advocate for my argument of "everyone should get the shots".