Getting an RV!

gixxie750

!st thing I'd do is check all the plumbing for leaks/cracks. Check out all the tanks, etc. Check the engine thoroughly. Just because it only has 42k doesnt mean that all kinds of rubber, gaskets, belts etc wont be dry rotted. Get as much maintenance records/info as possible from the PO.

Watch it down hill with RVs, they can get moving too fast before you know it. Just be careful, it's a little big rig. Yes, there's a story there. I had one shoot past me with all four wheels smoking, trying to slow down. He did, barely...

Very cool to own an RV. There are usually good prices on them (and boats) when gas prices go up. Which is probably forever now.

Figure out which tank is the POO tank and which is the Gray water tank. Make sure you have a good poop tube to drain the poo tank. a leaker is a mess. You'll want to get some rv antifreeze quick and winterize the lines and stuff. pretty easy.

P.S. make sure you have good leveling jacks.

Yes....it is supposed to be level. Normally there is a bubble level somewhere. Mine was a cheap quarter sized level and you put it in the fridgerator to check. The fridge won't run correctly if it's not level. Not sure if it was when it was running on propane that it mattered or electric. This was a long time ago though.

Yep..it's still true.. found this.. http://www.rvfridge.com/levelingrv.htm

Edited by Gump