How many miles do you get?

Likwid

How many miles do you get after the light/reserve?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles do you get after the light/reserve?

On my SV650, the light came on at .9 gallons left in the tank, and I was able to go about 35 miles once the light started blinking. The VStars I had were both good for 40 miles plus on reserve, I got over 200 miles on a 4 gallon tank on more than one occasion.

On my SV650, the light came on at .9 gallons left in the tank, and I was able to go about 35 miles once the light started blinking. The VStars I had were both good for 40 miles plus on reserve, I got over 200 miles on a 4 gallon tank on more than one occasion.

That's pretty awesome...

Right now I'm at 150 and I still have some fuel left... I'm a bit confused... I've been filling up right at 100 as soon as I'd switch to reserve but now I know I can make it quite a bit more if I had to.

I've gone 240 miles before low fuel light several times. And sometimes it's slow cruising, and sometimes it's WOT. Weird. Normally it's 180 miles minimum on each tankful for me, which lets me skip every other fuel stop when we are all out riding. I was surprised that so many bikes have small tanks, or use fuel so fast, or both.

But what you're trying is the best way to find out. Actually run it till it stops. But what I said, running it hard or in cold weather or something, might use it up slower or faster.