what tires???

Jcroz91

So' date=' funny story...

Lyns and I were taking our CCW class. I was wearing a standard fanboy Ducati shirt when we were approached by a friendly guy that claims to be from London, originally, and rode a Trumpet. We start yacking it up when the crowd of Harley owners starts to creap into view. I can tell they own HDs because they're all fat, stupid and wearing HD shit. Anyway... we get on the discussion of chaps and how ridiculously useless they are in a crash. Lyndse said that the reason chaps are so popular amongst the HD crowd is that Harley Davidson is the bike of choice for homosexuals in America. The Brit said he'd never heard that and asked just how many Harley owners are gay? Lyns replied, "Every last fucking one of them!"

I thought I was going to be shot. It was funny and scary at the same time.[/quote']

that is awesome!!!!!

where do i go to get tires put on? like iron pony or something?

ill do it for $76.08

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I would get the 2ct's if you want a nice dual compound performance tire...

Most people are running 180's on the back..However..I'm running a 190 on my 07 gsxr 600 track bike

Its personal preference...With a bigger tire you have more contact patch at lean angle, but with the 180 you can flick into corners a bit faster...

whats the fattest tire you can fit on a stock rear rim? i want a big tire. i like the way big tires look on cars and bikes in the rear. does it make a diff riding wise?

argh. Yes, it changes the handling. Basically decreases rake and trail, a small amount, on the front end when you go larger on the back end. You will probably feel it in the handling. It turns in quicker or faster. Which you don't necessarily need or want on a sport bike that already does that. Possible result is a back end that wants to break free more often and slide.

Stick with stock sizes, and matched tires (same brand and type, front and rear). Don't skimp on cost or quality of tires. It's all about the tires...

argh. Yes, it changes the handling. Basically decreases rake and trail, a small amount, on the front end when you go larger on the back end. You will probably feel it in the handling. It turns in quicker or faster. Which you don't necessarily need or want on a sport bike that already does that. Possible result is a back end that wants to break free more often and slide.

Stick with stock sizes, and matched tires (same brand and type, front and rear). Don't skimp on cost or quality of tires. It's all about the tires...

Huh? Going bigger on the rear makes it turn in quicker?

don't waste your money on 2ct's jcroz or 190's.

you won't be up to the capabilities the 2ct's provide, normal PP's will be just fine for you.

190's are just extra weight you'll be lugging around, since you won't be using them to their full capabilities as well. (i could be wrong though, what is the standard for 750's? 180 or 190?) either way factory recommendations are fine.

you're at OSU? we can go for a ride and ill show you that normal PP's can handle just fine. although i just have an old measly r6, you will probably be too fast for me in the corners.