new guy from the akron area here...

technoracer

• 1 month later...
Welcome! I'm just south of Akron in Manchester. Nice first bike. How'd you like the MSF course? I took it up in Hudson last year from some cool instructors.

hey doug!

the course was good! my girlfriend and i took it in hudson in october. was your instructor bald and kinda looked like dee snyder (rode a blue concourse)? we had him and a harley rider named dj i think. they were both pretty cool.

i liked the course though. i think it brought my confidence level up a lil bit, and not having to take the bmv riding test was def worth the price alone!

hey doug!

the course was good! my girlfriend and i took it in hudson in october. was your instructor bald and kinda looked like dee snyder (rode a blue concourse)? we had him and a harley rider named dj i think. they were both pretty cool.

i liked the course though. i think it brought my confidence level up a lil bit, and not having to take the bmv riding test was def worth the price alone!

Where in hudson did you take it and how much was it? I need to finally take it in the spring so I can get my full endorsement

Where in hudson did you take it and how much was it? I need to finally take it in the spring so I can get my full endorsement

it was $25. the one night of classroom instruction was at hudson high school and the 2 days of parking lot maneuvers was held nearby in a large office building's parking lot. just check out the msf web site to see where they have classes near you. fwiw- my girlfriend and i didn't preregister, we just "walked in" to a class hoping to get it. one of us did no problem, while the other one had to sit through the classroom part and hope someone didn't show up for maneuvers. it all worked out in the end though.

a word of caution- if you go to hudson AND get the same instructers we had, they're very strict on time. if you're 5 minutes late to class, they'll lock you out of the room. just make sure you're early and it's all good!

-tech

it was $25. the one night of classroom instruction was at hudson high school and the 2 days of parking lot maneuvers was held nearby in a large office building's parking lot. just check out the msf web site to see where they have classes near you. fwiw- my girlfriend and i didn't preregister, we just "walked in" to a class hoping to get it. one of us did no problem, while the other one had to sit through the classroom part and hope someone didn't show up for maneuvers. it all worked out in the end though.

a word of caution- if you go to hudson AND get the same instructers we had, they're very strict on time. if you're 5 minutes late to class, they'll lock you out of the room. just make sure you're early and it's all good!

-tech

Hm ok I didn't know if it was a state one or not as I was always looking at the Cuyahoga County schedule but I love right on the border of Summit so I can pretty much go either way with it being close

^ I was locked out of the class at Tri-C as well, and I was only about 1 minute late. So be on time.

They sold my seat to someone else, and kept my money. I knew i wouldn't get a refund, but I thought I should at least be able to schedule another class without paying again. They disagreed. that didn't sit right with me (selling 1 spot twice), and I remember saying, "fuck it - i'll just take the test."

after a nice little lecture from the 3 cops in the room about "offensive language," i was still fuming... One of them sarcastically said, "good luck on your road test" as I left.

I passed on the first try. Wish the a-hole cop would have been there to witness that.

I respect the fact that there is a high demand for the MSF course, and I am all about them doing the "squatter's rights" method of insuring the classes are FULL instead of just sold out; but they took my money and provided nothing in return. Transferring my $35 to another course, or even just general Tri-C credit would have been much more reasonable. /rant...

I you are going to show up and try to 'sneak' into a class when someone else is late, you should realize that it's a LOTTERY; not first-come first-served. My wife tried to show up early adn get a seat at least twice (was trying to surprise me by getting her license before we were married). both times, she was among the first on the 'wait list,' but they just draw names out of a hat to decide who gets the latecomer's spot.

Edited by redkow97