Dangerous Chemicals

alab32

Sure enough. Welding fumes can get you many ways.

Even a couple of common chemicals under the sink can get you when mixed together.

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/interactionprofiles/ip12.html

The 2007 list of the top 275 chemicals that can harm you

edit: the other common welding fatality is the cadmium plating on nuts and bolts.

When vaporized and inhaled, it's often fatal.

Cadmium plating is no longer allowed in aerospace usage, but it's found everywhere else.

Edited by ReconRat

I've experienced the heated brake cleaner! Not the welding, causing the fatal gas, but spraying the stuff all over a running engine to clean up after an oil leak. I didn't know it was so dangerous :dunno:

I DO remember that I had trouble breathing for quite a while that day, and actually for the next few days, especially when using brake cleaner (not even heated) for a few weeks. That stuff is NO JOKE!

Retard maybe, but he's smart enough to get a magazine article printed about his experience. Where's YOUR mag article? :dunno:

:lol: J/K

PRINT magazine?

Few years ago, PCGamer magazine, was a feature on Dark Horizons: Lore being in the top 5 for indie game of the year (we lost :( )

ONLINE magazine?

http://ve3dboards.ign.com/general_news/b10496/17642636/r17643078/ (read the first post 2nd sentence. Unfortunately HomelanFed went under so the article is lost, but you said WHERE not that it had to still be up)

Consider your mind blown :-D

PRINT magazine?

Few years ago, PCGamer magazine, was a feature on Dark Horizons: Lore being in the top 5 for indie game of the year (we lost :( )

ONLINE magazine?

http://ve3dboards.ign.com/general_news/b10496/17642636/r17643078/ (read the first post 2nd sentence. Unfortunately HomelanFed went under so the article is lost, but you said WHERE not that it had to still be up)

Consider your mind blown :-D

I was on the history channel. :trophy:

you should never inhale anything other than clean air. and always wear gloves(nitril or latex) when touching any chemical.

it will absorb into your skin.

we have safety meetings at work to reduce our health insurance and workers compensation payments. some of the stuff we learn about is pretty damn serious that most of us never gave a second thought about before.

but you will also be surprised the hospitals can't really do much for you most of the time except try to control your symptoms. in his case, I bet the only thing they could/would have done is gave him some oxygen and monitored his vitals. and let time run it's course.

Edited by serpentracer