Nut Up or Shut Up! (Directors Cut)

McLovin

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when is the original thread going to be put back up?

What original thread? This one: http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=37308 ??

I didn't close it, so you'd have to ask the guy who did. He chose to close it and I agree. I think this one should be closed to, but unlike prior accusations, I don't close threads because I don't agree with them.

What original thread? This one: http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=37308 ??

I didn't close it, so you'd have to ask the guy who did. He chose to close it and I agree. I think this one should be closed to, but unlike prior accusations, I don't close threads because I don't agree with them.

the thread from the social group.

The social group won't be returning.

maybe I am missing something, wasn't there a thread from the social group that a mod or admin didn't agree with so they made it public and then it disappeared.

I feel like i am in the matrix nothing makes sense

maybe I am missing something, wasn't there a thread from the social group that a mod or admin didn't agree with so they made it public and then it disappeared.

the whole social group was fucktarded.

I honestly don't know why their still getting on about this. Seems like it should have been over long ago. I mean if you don't like eachother so be it, no one is forcing you to hold hands. :lol: We're all motorcycle enthusiasts, beyond that we may or may not have anything in common, and so what?

It is quite ironic that almost all of the people who were active in that group haven't contributed anything to this site yet feel they have a right to bitch about it.

Just so we can be clear by your own words what level of contribution is required to offer criticism. This guideline might help people to understand what is expected of them to be members of standing worthy of being able to complain.

You are the supreme ruler and shouldn’t be debating with the masses unless you care about their opinions, if that’s the case then you shouldn’t betray their trust.

I have said childish things in PMs I have also said things in them that would probably get me banned. If these PMs were made public I would feel betrayed. We have the ability to PM five people at once which can be used as a mock SG. The same illegal activity can be conducted using PMs so the monitoring of SGs for illegal activity doesn’t hold water unless you are doing the same thing by monitoring PMs.

I made the whole social group public momentarily. Then decided it was a bad idea and removed it all together. I have it backed up incase anything happens (the reason why we don't delete anything).

It wasn't because I didn't agree with it. It was because I don't need nor want that bullshit on this site. There is no need for a "private" group to sit around bitching about the site and several of it's members. If these people feel the need to "vent" as they called it, they can do it elsewhere. Assfault Junkies, TSBR/TMCF, etc are actively recruiting people and all have a common interest in making fun of Ohio Riders on their sites. I recommend joining those sites to those who feel like bitching about Ohio Riders or it's members.

Assfault Junkies, TSBR/TMCF, etc are actively recruiting people and all have a common interest in making fun of Ohio Riders on their sites. I recommend joining those sites to those who feel like bitching about Ohio Riders or it's members.

Don't forget ourbikesdontleak.com. Posers!

Just so we can be clear by your own words what level of contribution is required to offer criticism. This guideline might help people to understand what is expected of them to be members of standing worthy of being able to complain.
By saying they don't contribute to the site I most certainly don't mean monetarily. I mean this more as helping with events, group rides, posting useful threads, participating in events/rides/etc or really anything that benefits the site as a whole and it's members. This is supposed to be a community of riders in Ohio, not a collection of small groups who think they're better than everyone else.
You are the supreme ruler and shouldn’t be debating with the masses unless you care about their opinions, if that’s the case then you shouldn’t betray their trust.
I put almost everything to a public vote on this site. I value everyone's opinions, but majority rules 99% of the time.
I have said childish things in PMs I have also said things in them that would probably get me banned. If these PMs were made public I would feel betrayed. We have the ability to PM five people at once which can be used as a mock SG. The same illegal activity can be conducted using PMs so the monitoring of SGs for illegal activity doesn’t hold water unless you are doing the same thing by monitoring PMs.
I cannot read private messages and I will never install the mod to do so. I detest sites that do that. However, if a PM is sent which violates the rules (or laws) and is forwarded/reported to me, that's a different story. As with this social group. It was reported to me by one of the members of that group what was going on in there. It was thread after thread of bashing and personal attacks behind people's backs and bitching about the site. If anyone has a problem with this site, it should be made public so we can address the problem. I should have given out infractions and/or temporary bans for the personal attacks and raw hatred, but decided against it.

For those who have such a problem with this, find me another motorcycle related site which would allow you to continuously sit and talk shit about people. I've worked my ass off for over three years to build this site to what it is and what it will be. Honestly, I'm so sick of all this stupid bullshit I've thought a few times about just shutting it down or selling it off.

By saying they don't contribute to the site I most certainly don't mean monetarily. I mean this more as helping with events, group rides, posting useful threads, participating in events/rides/etc or really anything that benefits the site as a whole and it's members. This is supposed to be a community of riders in Ohio, not a collection of small groups who think they're better than everyone else.

I put almost everything to a public vote on this site. I value everyone's opinions, but majority rules 99% of the time.

I cannot read private messages and I will never install the mod to do so. I detest sites that do that. However, if a PM is sent which violates the rules (or laws) and is forwarded/reported to me, that's a different story. As with this social group. It was reported to me by one of the members of that group what was going on in there. It was thread after thread of bashing and personal attacks behind people's backs and bitching about the site. If anyone has a problem with this site, it should be made public so we can address the problem. I should have given out infractions and/or temporary bans for the personal attacks and raw hatred, but decided against it.

For those who have such a problem with this, find me another motorcycle related site which would allow you to continuously sit and talk shit about people. I've worked my ass off for over three years to build this site to what it is and what it will be. Honestly, I'm so sick of all this stupid bullshit I've thought a few times about just shutting it down or selling it off.

In other words, nutjobs don't go away mad just GO AWAY!!

And if not where is that ignore button? :D

I love this site & hope you won't shut it down. I am trying to make a point about people’s worth as members. I do know some of the members in that group have organized and lead group rides. Not everyone is able to contribute the same but I don't think their opinions are necessarily worthless if they aren't comfortable being front men. I have also received offers of help from people in that SG that aren't motorcycle related so in my opinion the majority of them have contributed to the motorcycle community.

I would hope in hindsight that this matter would have been handled like you first ruled against. Telling the people first what you thought they were doing was wrong and that you would impose consequences to their actions. If they would have thought that to be acceptable they could have stopped what they were doing or made it public so everyone could have commented on it. But that should have been their choice. I am having a hard time understanding the difference between a Private message and a Private social group that deems one more highly regarded as Private.

Ben I hate to say this, but the coshocton guys set up more than their fair share of rides. They adjust the overall speed of the ride for peoples abilities. If people wreck it is not because of the group leaders but because the roads are harder to navigate. When they plan their rides people from Columbus, Dayton, Cleveland, ect attend because of the way they do it. So saying they don't add anything is a cop out.

I doubt anything was reported to you my theory is that another admin found someone mentioning her friend, told you and then you tried to get even by making it public. I could be completely wrong but whatever.

The word "private" does not change meaning based on the word that follows it a "private message" and "private group" should not be treated any differently. If you are going to have skewed morals please give everybody advance notice.

Obviously if you decided it was a bad idea and pulled it down. It was also a bad idea to make it public in the first place. You wanted your vengeance but after you realized who it would hurt you took it down.

Maybe the guys in that group were not the ones with the big egos, maybe they were tired about hearing about everyone else's

I love this site & hope you won't shut it down. I am trying to make a point about people’s worth as members. I do know some of the members in that group have organized and lead group rides. Not everyone is able to contribute the same but I don't think their opinions are necessarily worthless if they aren't comfortable being front men. I have also received offers of help from people in that SG that aren't motorcycle related so in my opinion the majority of them have contributed to the motorcycle community.

I would hope in hindsight that this matter would have been handled like you first ruled against. Telling the people first what you thought they were doing was wrong and that you would impose consequences to their actions. If they would have thought that to be acceptable they could have stopped what they were doing or made it public so everyone could have commented on it. But that should have been their choice. I am having a hard time understanding the difference between a Private message and a Private social group that deems one more highly regarded as Private.

The idea of a private social group is misleading.... it isn't private. It was still viewable by guests as well as indexed by search engines. That's the big difference between private messages and a "private" social group. Had anyone asked me, I would've told them this. Instead, they asked someone else, who gave them false information, because they didn't want me to know about it. As I've said, if anyone has a problem with me or the site it should be voiced to me. This social group wasn't to complain about problems on the site with hopes of a resolution. It was to bitch and moan to each other for personal entertainment.

The idea of a private social group is misleading.... it isn't private. It was still viewable by guests as well as indexed by search engines. That's the big difference between private messages and a "private" social group. Had anyone asked me, I would've told them this. Instead, they asked someone else, who gave them false information, because they didn't want me to know about it. As I've said, if anyone has a problem with me or the site it should be voiced to me. This social group wasn't to complain about problems on the site with hopes of a resolution. It was to bitch and moan to each other for personal entertainment.

do you have the ability to change it so they don't have a public/ private option since it is viewable?

i am the one who closed the first shit talking thread...... i believe it was the right thing to do. anyone that goes back and reads it would more than likely agree it was getting out of hand.

but after i closed it it was brought to my attention that the two clowns were in on it together to put on a good pre winter show for everyone (insert ashton k. now). so that is when fail boat jagr and his ifail opened two more threads about it to keep the hilarity going and i closed one cuz i didnt think we needed this much bullshit spead over three threads.

so here we are now....... should i open it back up? no....... everyone seems to be enjoying this pointless excuse for justification or whatever you want to call it and there is no need for it to be reopened.

Ben I hate to say this, but the coshocton guys set up more than their fair share of rides. They adjust the overall speed of the ride for peoples abilities. If people wreck it is not because of the group leaders but because the roads are harder to navigate. When they plan their rides people from Columbus, Dayton, Cleveland, ect attend because of the way they do it. So saying they don't add anything is a cop out.
I didn't say all of them.
I doubt anything was reported to you my theory is that another admin found someone mentioning her friend, told you and then you tried to get even by making it public. I could be completely wrong but whatever.
You are completely wrong. I don't even remember reading anything about her, just about Ross and snowballing. I chuckled.
The word "private" does not change meaning based on the word that follows it a "private message" and "private group" should not be treated any differently. If you are going to have skewed morals please give everybody advance notice.
As I said before, a "private social group" is viewable by guests and is indexed by search engines. Had anyone asked me how private the info is, I would've answered honestly. Instead, a mod who didn't know was asked and gave a wrong answer. The group was only made public momentarily. It was then deleted. I second thought myself and decided making it public was a bad idea. If you'd like to discuss skewed morals, let's start with talking shit behind people's backs. I believe that would be an example of skewed morals.
Obviously if you decided it was a bad idea and pulled it down. It was also a bad idea to make it public in the first place. You wanted your vengeance but after you realized who it would hurt you took it down.
I already addressed this several times. I made it public because there was a whole lot of backstabbing going on there. It was public momentarily, I second thought it, then removed it all together. Was making it public a bad idea? Yes. I'll be the first to admit it. However, it should never have existed in the first place. If these people are embarrassed by what they said in the group, they should have never said it in the first place.
Maybe the guys in that group were not the ones with the big egos, maybe they were tired about hearing about everyone else's
The egos are strong on this site... with a lot of people. This doesn't make it right to talk shit behind people's backs.
For the record I was a member of that group (dont think I ever posted though) besides chase I have employed more OR members than anybody else so I hope my contributions to the community are sufficient for an opinion
I don't think I saw anything bad posted by you. I wish, however, you would've seen it was a bad idea and asked about it. You contribute quite a bit to this site with knowledge and jobs. You almost always participate in events. By my description of what a non-contributing member would be I'd assume you'd know that wasn't directed at you.