"50 best Ohio roads"...does such a list exist? Do the roads exist?

Schap

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The traffic thing is actually a good point too...374/56 around the Hocking area is great in terms of beauty, curves, road condition, but traffic is often (on nice days) bad because of cages rubbernecking the state park.

Same way with Amish country...557/643 are good roads with some beautiful scenery but during nice weekends the tourists make those roads awful.

Meh, I'm more in favor of just going and riding and finding good roads on your own. Some of the better roads I know of are county roads, and seldom see any traffic at all.

• 4 months later...

Here are few in Eastern Ohio. I haven't been on these in years and never on a motorcycle, these were are our beer loops in high school.

147 from Bellaire to Barnesville

9 from New Athens to Armstrong Mills

250 from Bridgeport to Cadiz.

There are tons more little roads around here as well. Very few LEO's, low population, very little traffic.

The two best roads in the area are in West Virginia.

88 from Wheeling to Bethany

67 from Wellsburg to Bethany. short, but fun. Can also keep going in to PA on 331 from here.

Anyone wanna rep Chagrin River for the eastern suburbs of NEO/cleveland?!

* I originally should have put a clause in here mentioning that it's a fairly short road. only a few miles of good stuff. maybe 5+ being generous but it's fun and beautiful, and usually empty.

How bout out by painesville/mentor area?! I haven't taken the bike up there yet, but plan to this weekend b/c i've driven down some fun twisties that NEVER get traffic....

I'm sure a lot of us lurkers would be pretty appreciative of anything in the NE/E Cleveland suburbs and shit out that way!

Edited by JaysonL

Anyone wanna rep Chagrin River for the eastern suburbs of NEO/cleveland?!

* I originally should have put a clause in here mentioning that it's a fairly short road. only a few miles of good stuff. maybe 5+ being generous but it's fun and beautiful, and usually empty.

How bout out by painesville/mentor area?! I haven't taken the bike up there yet, but plan to this weekend b/c i've driven down some fun twisties that NEVER get traffic....

I'm sure a lot of us lurkers would be pretty appreciative of anything in the NE/E Cleveland suburbs and shit out that way!

wat

where?

Chagrin river in chagrin falls. it's a small back road north of Solon area. it's fairly short but gorgeous and fun and usually pretty deserted.

Anyone in NE wanna back me up or am I hopelessly flailing till I drown in my own failure?!

I mean it's worth it if you're nearby of live up by it (like me, since it's exactly 1 minute and 10 seconds down the street.

I was just tryin' to throw in my 2 cents and a more "country" road near the chagrin area....

Oh, I mean.... more out toward perry around where 80 goes through. I mean they're nothing that'll make you shit yourself, but, paine and blair are nice. And I think it's either Vrooman or some street off vrooman that I always take to get to a friends place that I tried to keep a mental note of that it would be mandatory to ride it when it warmed up.

But, I'm gonna fill Friday up with a whole day of riding.... sun up to sun down. Mentor/Painesville/Perry (and maybe even Geneva area) will be included in my ride and I'm mostly gonna go searching rather than plan out a set route. So I'll pack a pad and pencil and write down any gems I find!

Oh, I mean.... more out toward perry around where 80 goes through. I mean they're nothing that'll make you shit yourself, but, paine and blair are nice. And I think it's either Vrooman or some street off vrooman that I always take to get to a friends place that I tried to keep a mental note of that it would be mandatory to ride it when it warmed up.

But, I'm gonna fill Friday up with a whole day of riding.... sun up to sun down. Mentor/Painesville/Perry (and maybe even Geneva area) will be included in my ride and I'm mostly gonna go searching rather than plan out a set route. So I'll pack a pad and pencil and write down any gems I find!

if you can remember some good roads out near mentor and etc, let me know. i'd love to be able to get a quick fix if i dont feel like riding all the way down south past canton to get together with some schmucks who ride like a bunch of cunts on fire. also, send me a PM or something if you do head out this way and want some company. i might be able to break away and get on a ride, at least for a little while.

If you are itching for a full day of riding, you're welcome to come ride with me down there along with the forementioned flaming vaginas. there are proper roads down there (well, about as proper as it gets around here). it's a good way to rack up the miles on the bike.

I'll definitely think about. I've barely got 5xx miles under my belt right now so, I think I might sit out an actual group ride as to not slow or weigh any of you guys down. But, if you're just lookin' to tag along or even lead the way up North I'd be more than up for it as long as you're willing to deal with a noob wanting to ride in his comfort zone?!

I'll definitely think about. I've barely got 5xx miles under my belt right now so, I think I might sit out an actual group ride as to not slow or weigh any of you guys down. But, if you're just lookin' to tag along or even lead the way up North I'd be more than up for it as long as you're willing to deal with a noob wanting to ride in his comfort zone?!

believe me, there are few out there in this world that are as skeered of riding on the street as me. but if you can point which direction to go to, i'll be happy to lead as long as you promise not to yell at me for getting us lost or going too slow.

New riding patches need to be ordered.

we'll have to make you a special one, since even i've never seen a black labia engulfed in righteous hellfire.

in fact, i'll do some research right now.

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

believe me, there are few out there in this world that are as skeered of riding on the street as me. but if you can point which direction to go to, i'll be happy to lead as long as you promise not to yell at me for getting us lost or going too slow.

Sounds like a deal my friend. I'll be sending you a PM around wednesday when I've gotten my bearings together and planned out a ride a little more toughtfully! I look forward to our upcoming mischief!

Here are few in Eastern Ohio. I haven't been on these in years and never on a motorcycle, these were are our beer loops in high school.

147 from Bellaire to Barnesville

9 from New Athens to Armstrong Mills

250 from Bridgeport to Cadiz.

There are tons more little roads around here as well. Very few LEO's, low population, very little traffic.

The two best roads in the area are in West Virginia.

88 from Wheeling to Bethany

67 from Wellsburg to Bethany. short, but fun. Can also keep going in to PA on 331 from here.

i'd add 800, 556, and 148 to that list.

Added these to the list.

I'm going to have to look these up on a map when I get a free weekend.