Sad...Dog eaters

Gump

Honestly, I don't have much problem with either, provided people eat what they kill, and take all reasonable steps to avoid undue suffering. Plenty of species kill their food.

Now, that said, people who use salt licks to train deer to stand in a given spot year round, then wait and snipe them from 100 yards away during deer season and call themselves 'Sportsmen' are assholes. That's harvesting, not hunting. It's only sport if the critter can shoot back.

So, I'm proud to announce my new charity, "Shoulder-mounted, head-aimed automatic .50-cals for Bambi". It's a non-profit dedicated to serving the needs of real sportsmen everywhere by arming local deer populations with machine guns and motion trackers.

Donations are welcome, but probably not tax-deductible. :p

You're Right. We should stop culling the heard so they can over populate and starve to death. It is much more humane after all.

We are the natural predator of deer people.

P.S. no one in Ohio legally shoots a deer from 100 yards. We have no rifle season.

Edited by max power

:rolleyes:Dogs aren't viewed as pets like they are here. Wanna bitch about something? Go bitch about the animal cruelty in our OWN country. I dont support animal cruelty whatsoever but they arent doing anything different than what we do to sheep, cows, etc.

This man speaks the truth.

go to youtube and watch the real vids of dog food...

...makes ya wonder what it taste like huh?

Nope. I can honestly say I've NEVER wondered what dog would taste like nor would I ever.

You're Right. We should stop culling the heard so they can over populate and starve to death. It is much more humane after all.

We are the natural predator of deer people.

P.S. no one in Ohio legally shoots a deer from 100 yards. We have no rifle season.

Culling for population control is one thing; I just get irritated when I hear it called 'sport'. Obviously, there's very little risk or competition involved in that kind of hunting. Anyway, your words make it sound like I was saying I was opposed to all hunting, and I've already said I'm not.

And given how many of my friends hunt, I'm well aware that we don't have legal rifle-hunting in Ohio. However, Ohio is not the only state in the country.

Of course, as the technology in slugs and barrels keeps advancing, 100-yard shotgun hits get a lot less far-fetched.

i wouldn't say assholes...just misguided cheaters.

Are you saying you've never baited deer Gump?

Culling for population control is one thing; I just get irritated when I hear it called 'sport'. Obviously, there's very little risk or competition involved in that kind of hunting. Anyway, your words make it sound like I was saying I was opposed to all hunting, and I've already said I'm not.

And given how many of my friends hunt, I'm well aware that we don't have legal rifle-hunting in Ohio. However, Ohio is not the only state in the country.

Of course, as the technology in slugs and barrels keeps advancing, 100-yard shotgun hits get a lot less far-fetched.

I'm not saying you are opposed to anything. I'd just rather see that deer in the back of your friends truck than hit it with my bike or car. Deer are everywhere, the population has exploded in the last 25 years. We are the only population control measure. Call it bambi murder, sport or whatever, its very necessary. If deer hunting was outlawed, the population would be wiped out from disease and starvation in just a few years.

Keep in mind, that evolved forebrain is what keeps us at the top of the food chain. And if you think deer hunting is easy, I implore you to go try it.

only if you are vegan for your life....I will take your comments....otherwise sorry.......medium rare porter house...mmmmmm....

dang that cow was somebody's daddy or mommy......:o

rabbits are great pets too....then why we hunt them........:rolleyes:

Are you saying you've never baited deer Gump?

Nope....I feed them sometimes and have salt blocks but I don't hunt even near it. They are there with it or without it. I like seeing them around and enjoy giving back a little.

Actually you can legally harvest deer with anything and at night if you would like with special kill permits to protect your crop.

Aerik quote: I just get irritated when I hear it called 'sport'. Obviously, there's very little risk or competition involved in that kind of hunting.

Risk? So I'm at risk while playing softball and if not it's not a sport?

I'm picking on you butt that makes no sense. I'm thinking you might mean risk enduced by the animal but I don't know what the hell we are talking about at this point. Eating dogs seems sad. If cows were horses and horse were cows most would think cows are precious and it's sad to eat them.

Alright, apparently I'm not being very clear, as I seem to have a bunch of infuriated deer hunters quoting me all over the place.

sports⋅man

–noun, plural -men. 1. a man who engages in sports, esp. in some open-air sport, as hunting, fishing, racing, etc. 2. a person who exhibits qualities especially esteemed in those who engage in sports, as fairness, courtesy, good temper, etc.

sport

/noun 1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

Okay, people who hunt or fish tend to be referred to as 'Sportsmen'.

ALL I was saying is that the practice of training deer to stand in a certain place year round, then showing up early to pop them during the season, is not particularly 'sporting'. I'm referring to a sense of competition, of 'man vs. the wild', of some sense of 'fair play'. There are plenty of hunters who understand this, and thus earn the title of sportsman.

That said, my personal feelings about the unfair nature of such harvesting aside, I really don't mind as long as people eat what they take. All I was saying is that it's kind of moronic to refer to those harvesters as sportsmen.

Hopefully that was a bit clearer. (/facepalm)

Incidentally, I've known a fair number of people who've sustained pretty appalling injuries playing softball, earned through aggressive play in a game that involves running on loose surfaces and frequent flying objects. I have yet to see a treestand-related injury that didn't result from alcohol or improper handling of firearms.

:popcorn:

Edited by Aerik

Alright, apparently I'm not being very clear, as I seem to have a bunch of infuriated deer hunters quoting me all over the place.

sports⋅man

–noun, plural -men. 1. a man who engages in sports, esp. in some open-air sport, as hunting, fishing, racing, etc. 2. a person who exhibits qualities especially esteemed in those who engage in sports, as fairness, courtesy, good temper, etc.

sport

/noun 1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

Okay, people who hunt or fish tend to be referred to as 'Sportsmen'.

ALL I was saying is that the practice of training deer to stand in a certain place year round, then showing up early to pop them during the season, is not particularly 'sporting'. I'm referring to a sense of competition, of 'man vs. the wild', of some sense of 'fair play'. There are plenty of hunters who understand this, and thus earn the title of sportsman.

That said, my personal feelings about the unfair nature of such harvesting aside, I really don't mind as long as people eat what they take. All I was saying is that it's kind of moronic to refer to those harvesters as sportsmen.

Hopefully that was a bit clearer. (/facepalm)

Incidentally, I've known a fair number of people who've sustained pretty appalling injuries playing softball, earned through aggressive play in a game that involves running on loose surfaces and frequent flying objects. I have yet to see a treestand-related injury that didn't result from alcohol or improper handling of firearms.

:popcorn:

So you hate Sportsmen AND people who play softball?:lol:

A couple of things - I've seen tree stand related injuries and none were result of alcohol or improper handling of firearm. I'm not saying this to create an argument but to create awareness. People, if you are out in the woods and see a tree stand, dont vandalize it. You could very well be responsible for killing someone.

Lastly, I too do not think that "baiting" deer is hunting. Nor do I think that "pushing" a woods is hunting. It's slaughter. Plain and simple.