R.I.P. Stuart Earnshaw

mrmako777

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Deepest condolences. Over 20 years ago, I was in a freak accident like that, where I lost someone in my arms. It still affects me to this day. Brandon, my thoughts are with you. Prayers out for the family and all friends too.

I'm not trying to drum up bad images, or...bad thoughts. Just trying to figure out everything. It says he hit a concrete wall. Was this a building, just a wall...? How did he get into the creek bed?

these may help some understand this tragedy...

2009-11-07_124159.jpg

2009-11-07_124250.jpg

2009-11-07_124331.jpg

2009-11-07_124419.jpg

2009-11-06_203429-1.jpg

I lost a very close friend at a young age and it still doesn't make sense to me! Brandon, you and everyone there did everything you could. Don't beat yourself up it wasn't your fault or anyone elses.Working as a Medic its easy to try and take the blame. I'm very sorry you guys had to go through this! I have seen my fair share of crashes but never involving a close friend! I hope you realize he is in a better place, and I know that does not take away any of the pain you guys are feeling right now! Please don't take what I'm about to say as something rude! You said he loved motorcycles and everything about them, then know he left this world doing something he loved very much! I always said I'd rather leave here doing something I loved then by someother means! I'm here if you guys need anything!

Is there ever a right thing to say...in times like this? Again, like Mandie said. Not trying to be rude, and i know it doesn't change things....but he passed doing something he loved. Not everyone can say that. That's what i tell my family...when they tell me to not to ride. Or that i shouldn't try and get another motorcycle. If i go, i left this world doing something i loved.

Stay strong guys.

:rip:

I am so sorry to hear this. I know when i saw my dad go down at 70 mph i thought he was dead and i remember the feeling. I know that is nothing compared to this but please know my thoughts and prayers are with you guys that were with him and all of his family and friends. I can not make the sunday ride but if you are going to ride for his funeral please let me know because i might be able to come down for that. Again my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends especially those that were with him when it happened.

question- how fast were you guys traveling. im guessing triple digits

For those that have ridden the nky route, 915 is the first road. 915, even in the summer, is a road that we ride at a very relaxed pace, letting the tires warm up and letting ourselves get in tune with the bike. Given the fact it was 50 degrees out, tires warm up slower and roads aren't as warm. It may sound hard to believe but we were only doing about 40 mph. I'd have no problem saying if we were getting rowdy or acting stupid. That's what makes this whole thing so frustrating; the fact that we were riding in a safe manner. Everything about this tragedy was a freak accident

For those that have ridden the nky route, 915 is the first road. 915, even in the summer, is a road that we ride at a very relaxed pace, letting the tires warm up and letting ourselves get in tune with the bike. Given the fact it was 50 degrees out, tires warm up slower and roads aren't as warm. It may sound hard to believe but we were only doing about 40 mph. I'd have no problem saying if we were getting rowdy or acting stupid. That's what makes this whole thing so frustrating; the fact that we were riding in a safe manner. Everything about this tragedy was a freak accident

:eek: wow thats crazy. i wouldnt have thought a crash at 40 would be life threatening. i guess its all depends on how and what you hit first. hopefully going there today will give some of you some closure. be safe and take it easy today.