modern day detroit

attackpainter

not to be a smartazz or anything but I dont ever remember detroit being nice Ive been there prolly 100 times maybe more in the last 10 years and its always been a shithole but maybe it was just the places I had to go for work , I didnt spend anytime sightseeing so I suppose I couldve missed some nicer areas

That video made me home sick. There are alot of places like that in detroit. The people editing the video made it look like it like that the whole city is like that. They had to drive around a while to find all those places. Some neighborhoods have several houses abandoned on the same block and crack heads and dealers use them. Even kids play in them ( I know that is a fact because I loved find abandoned buildings) The people call the City and the city ingores them or does not have the resources or the right to tear them down. That leaves it up to the people to watch over these places. sometimes away to get the City to take action is a fire or the fire will keep the crack heads out even the crack heads start the fires by accident it gets cold in the winter.

I think i partied in the blue house close to the end of that video (or one the looked like it)what a shit hole.

That video made me home sick. There are alot of places like that in detroit. The people editing the video made it look like it like that the whole city is like that. They had to drive around a while to find all those places. Some neighborhoods have several houses abandoned on the same block and crack heads and dealers use them. Even kids play in them ( I know that is a fact because I loved find abandoned buildings) The people call the City and the city ingores them or does not have the resources or the right to tear them down. That leaves it up to the people to watch over these places. sometimes away to get the City to take action is a fire or the fire will keep the crack heads out even the crack heads start the fires by accident it gets cold in the winter.

I think i partied in the blue house close to the end of that video (or one the looked like it)what a shit hole.

Devils night is an attempt to get rid of he abandoned houses that the city will do nothing about.

Detroit proper needs no other comment from me, but the suburbs are really nice. You have these cities that are in close proximity to each other....with nice ass neighborhoods. It's not like the drive from CLE to CBUS....nothing in between (Ok, I'll count Akron/Canton). There's a lot going on in a relatively small area.

I've seen the same shit in Cincy, C-bus and Cleveland. It's not just Detroit, it's like that in any bigger city.

there are places like that in many cities, but in detroit it goes on and on and on. I did some volunteer work in an inner city school in detroit and the janitor said he spent most of his time cleaning up the drug needles, 40 bottles and garbage from the school grounds

+1 for Devils Night...

Alot of jobs have left the city of Detroit. Have you tried to sell a house in this economy. People end up leaving their houses behind. What would you do if you found a job in another state? That happens all over the United States.

One thing I like about Detroiters is their sense of humor and attitude. I can usaully tell when someone is from the Detroit area after talking to them for a bit.

+1 for Devils Night...

Alot of jobs have left the city of Detroit. Have you tried to sell a house in this economy. People end up leaving their houses behind. What would you do if you found a job in another state? That happens all over the United States.

One thing I like about Detroiters is their sense of humor and attitude. I can usaully tell when someone is from the Detroit area after talking to them for a bit.

I remember when the east side was the good side, I went up not too long ago to check the ol' hood, man it has gone down hill... I remember getting hauled in every devil's night... good times... good times... ;) then there was riding the DOT bus downtown to school, hiding my lunch money in my shoes, doing the duck and cover going home... man it was a different place, way different from cincy and c-bus.