My 1st crash

granda080

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you are ever in a situation where you feel like you need to grab some front or back brake because you are too fast into the turn... dont.

Most of the time I've been too hot into a corner, I usually end up still grabbing some throttle on the way out! That's not to say that I'll enter as hot the next time, but just proof to me that the bike can do more than I have confidence to do.

It doesn't help that my bike is 25 years old, and has the suspension to prove it!

granda, have you had any more time to think about the situation? (if you're anything like me you've probably replayed it about 100000000 times)....

Any more insight onto what you did wrong?

From the sounds of things, grabbing rear brake, and letting out on the clutch while too hot into a turn, one of the two broke traction, but not by a lot, but enough to upset the bike once it regained traction.

Just my observation from what he said in the OP.

Definately some things to get me thinking in this thread. Another great thing about the OR community, learning from what others have experienced.

i cant stress enough how glad I am your alright. I heard the squeel of the tire and thought it was myself, and thought " here we go" and as soon as I relized what had happend, I already had my kickstand down and was off my bike. I had adrenaline going so much, that I remember the squeel, and putting my kick stand down, and seeing the bike slide behind me in my mirrors, and thats it. I don't remember coming out of the corner. I almost ran across the road without looking to see if there were any cars. Thats when i realized 100% what was going on.

granda, have you had any more time to think about the situation? (if you're anything like me you've probably replayed it about 100000000 times)....

Any more insight onto what you did wrong?

Yeah, I had plenty of time to think about it. I had an hour long ride back to think about it. Just wasn't mentally paying attention, the turn came up on me because of it. I quickly downshifted, though I was already begining to lean into the turn. I then applied a bit of back break, again because I was late in mentally being into the turn, and then simutaniously let out the clutch. All this equalled high-side.

I'm so thankful. That's really it.

i cant stress enough how glad I am your alright. I heard the squeel of the tire and thought it was myself, and thought " here we go" and as soon as I relized what had happend, I already had my kickstand down and was off my bike. I had adrenaline going so much, that I remember the squeel, and putting my kick stand down, and seeing the bike slide behind me in my mirrors, and thats it. I don't remember coming out of the corner. I almost ran across the road without looking to see if there were any cars. Thats when i realized 100% what was going on.

Yeah, sorry about all that. I suck :( I feel bad that I caused drama on our relaxing ride. **Note to self: Don't be that mentally relaxed ever again**