New workbench and peg board

vw151

i believe hes asking what kind of wood did you use for the work surface on the benches.

3/4 inch plywood, the polyurethane isn't working out as I hoped though. I'm looking into some thin lexan sheet for the counter top.

I'm open to suggestions though!

how do you like your Aveo? I know it probably feels like garbage after driving the GTI, but given that the bike IS my 'sports car,' I'm looking for something that gets better mileage than my truck...

It is my fiance's. It's honestly not bad. She has one that has some options on it though, like CD player and larger Alloy wheels with lower profile wider tires. I had a sedan as a rental a long while ago that was bone stock and it was horrible. (like cheapest feeling car in every way possible kind of horrilbe, plus it smelled like urinal cakes)

I drive her car every now and again, it's ok, I guess that is what you'd expect. I think she gets reasonably good gas mileage and being a hatchback it's reasonably roomy for it's size but I'm more inclined to look at foreign cars, especially in this segment. Although, it is technically a rebadged daewoo so maybe it is foreign after all.

Her check engine light has been on pretty much since she bought it and the people at the chevy dealer said "it just does that" literally. I really need to take the car into the dealer myself and have a talk with them. Either way it seems to run fine and she loves it because it's "cute"

The GTI being my daily driver, I tend to drive the aveo a little harder than I mean to. Just merging on the highway and expecting more power ends up causing the poor thing to redline all the gears with it's automatic transmission. It's kinda funny, I don't mean to kill the poor thing, it just can't get out of it's own way.

Having said all that, if it was fitted with a proper 3 pedal transmission I think the car could potentially be fun to drive but the lack of power coupled with a pretty basic auto trans makes it about as plain vanilla s you can get.

BTW, I'm with you, after getting some bikes, I'm not so concerned about the GTI any more. GTI is fun and fast but just doesn't compare to the ducati or the Gixxer. Although, getting in more normal cars like the aveo makes me realize how much I still like the GTI, sometimes I forget that most cars are slow.

Edited by vw151

3/4 inch plywood, the polyurethane isn't working out as I hoped though. I'm looking into some thin lexan sheet for the counter top.

I'm open to suggestions though!

I'm picking up some lexan scrap from a local place tomorrow to complete the top. Then I'm done, I think.