Teaching my 4yr old to ride!

fireman_343

Well.. it was SO nice out today that I just had to take my son Justin for his 1st official ride/training session. I was thinking of taking him out to CRP, but didn't want to drive all the way down there, so I called up a friend with land and he said come on out! He was nice enough to help Justin and myself out, he set up some cones for him to ride around and had him practice his throttle and brakes on the bike. It was a good time. I had the throttle almost closed, but it was good enough for him and his 1st time, I'll open it up a bit next time since the bike needed a shove when going up hill. He had a blast and did really well for his 1st time. He looked so concentrated when I looked into his helmet.. so funny!

Anyway, he had a blast and keeps saying that he went "FAST"! :lol:

Here are a few pic's and videos!

DSC03245.jpg

DSC03252.jpg

DSC03255.jpg

DSC03256.jpg

DSC03259.jpg

DSC03261.jpg

DSC03263.jpg

VIDEO # 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYaYWmVxWNA

VIDEO # 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPE2keKcPYg

Yeah.. that is the plan! Today was just getting use to using the throttle and learning to use the brakes. I hope to get him off the training wheels by spring/summer!

i remember my dad tied a rope to the rear so i couldnt get away from him. hopefully hes the next ricky! practice practice practice

I think I'll get the remote kill switch on ebay for $50 when he takes off the training wheels and I open the throttle all the way! The damn bike flys with my 167lb ass on it.. can't image what it would do with a 44lb kid on it! HAHA

I don't think a rope will work.. he would end up drag'n my ass around the yard! HAHA

I think I'll get the remote kill switch on ebay for $50 when he takes off the training wheels and I open the throttle all the way! The damn bike flys with my 167lb ass on it.. can't image what it would do with a 44lb kid on it! HAHA

I don't think a rope will work.. he would end up drag'n my ass around the yard! HAHA

not i wasnt that on video!!! :lol:

He had an early 5th birthday party over the weekend (his bday is at the end of the month).. but I couldn't wait to give the bike to him!

Here it is under the box.. before everyone showed up and put gifts in front of it...

DSC03164.jpg

DSC03194.jpg

Very Cool! I got my daughter a Raptor 80 when she was 8. Just start them slow and they pick it up very quick. I had her screw and restrictor plate wide open in a few rides.

Thanks everyone.. he woke up this moring wanting to ride.. so it looks like he will be on the bike a lot!! Too bad I have to work at the FD today, or I'd take him out again. I just can't wait to get the training wheels off, and open it up full throttle and see him on the 1/2 mile flat track! HAHA

Wow awesome, loving the determination on his face :lol:

That is what was so funny!! He gets that look when he is on the bike.. HAHAHA

Damn man he is slow!

thats awesome brian! Good work! What a lucky kid I would of given my left nut(that didnt drop yet) for a bike when I was his age.

Kevin, he is about as slow as you on the track, so you don't have much room to talk !:evil::smile:

Yeah.. if only my dad got me a bike when I was my sons age.. I might be better! HAHA