2010 Ducati pics

Benyen Soljax

Really? They actually used aluminum ? Thats kinda goofy. That cant be lighter than the plastic? Wonder why they did that

The plastic tank weighs about the same as the old steal tanks, although plastic is lighter than steal, they make it very thick which consequently makes it weigh the same and hold less fuel than the steal. It doesn't dent very easily though.... ask me how I know.

Edited by vw151

Oh and as far as the OP, The 1198R is bad assed looking, love the aluminum tank and the 848 dark is cool too, especially since they didn't skimp it down. I know my buddy with a 749 dark was a little disappointed when he found they delete the steering damper and damper mount point on that bike. :(

Oh and as far as the OP, The 1198R is bad assed looking, love the aluminum tank and the 848 dark is cool too, especially since they didn't skimp it down. I know my buddy with a 749 dark was a little disappointed when he found they delete the steering damper and damper mount point on that bike. :(

yeah a lot of early bashing went into the dark because a lot of people have been dissappointed by the downgraded bikes. cool to see a blank slate with all the goodies!

yeah a lot of early bashing went into the dark because a lot of people have been dissappointed by the downgraded bikes. cool to see a blank slate with all the goodies!

Well, say you want to build a race/track bike. Why pay more for fancy paint, but you don't want to give up goodies or at least not mount points for the goodies. Ducati is getting smarter I think. The Dark just makes sense if you want to track an 848 and are buying new.

Actually, it is lighter and holds more fuel...

Check these out

http://www.moto-works.jp/beater/index.html#d9%20T

$2200 for my monster.

The thing that kills me, is my tank will be replaced under warranty with a tank from ducati that dealer cost is $1900. Wish I could just have them contribute that to one of these aluminum tanks. No more swelling issue. I can't justify $2200 out of my pocket though for something that will be replaced due to it being defective.

hotness

monster_in.jpg

ducati1098_19l_fit.jpg

mvagusta_f4.jpg

Edited by vw151

• 1 month later...