Christmas Ale!!!!!!!

yotaman88210

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea its a local Cleveland brew. Pretty much should be able to find it anywhere in Ohio. When I lived in Cinci I could pretty much find it everywhere but the year I spent in Indy was terrible. Drove to Cinci a ton just to restock on GL beers. Hands down my top 3 beers of theirs would be Xmas Ale, Eliot Ness, Edmund Fitzgerald. The Dortmunder is probably the most common to find that people enjoy. If you like beer you will probably like GL. It has its own signature "flavor" that you can taste in every single style of beer

http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/beerOurBeers.php

I don't like beer....i love it. I could probably drink it with about anything. :D

anyone finding Christmas Ale for less than $12 a six-pack? last year's going rate was $12.99. I heard Marc's had it for $11.99. need to stock up this weekend...

damn man where are you shopping? I thought I was getting ripped at 10.99 at Heinens. Last year it was 9.99 a 6pack and some places I could find 8.99 but pretty rare. I've yet to find it under 10.99 yet though

Yota...that's it! We need to throw a Christmas Ale Virgins Orgy! Anyone who has not had the stuff needs to sign up and we'll have a shindig to bust all of their cherries at one festive yuletide event. If more folks are in C-Bus, you host it, if more are in NEO, I will.

WHO'S COMIN' WITH ME?!?!

Yea, I can host if we do this in Cbus. My place isnt huge... but its plenty big :D

We should look into get a 1/4 barrel or something? :eek:

I don't like beer....i love it. I could probably drink it with about anything. :D

I'm right there with ya. I like trying all kinds of different beers. I've come a long way since the days I only drank keystone, coors or miller lite :lol:

Yea, I can host if we do this in Cbus. My place isnt huge... but its plenty big :D

I like where you're heads at. If I get some time today I might call up there for the hell of it and see if they do sell kegs of it privately.

damn man where are you shopping? I thought I was getting ripped at 10.99 at Heinens. Last year it was 9.99 a 6pack and some places I could find 8.99 but pretty rare. I've yet to find it under 10.99 yet though

10.99 seems to be the going rate this year. :( SUCKS!!! they need to make it a regular brew so they can cut costs down! Fuckers. Why is it that all my favorite beers are seasonal? Is it the fact of their seaonalness that makes them my favorite? :dunno:

I have room up here, especially now that I am "single". I will make a call. Its a long shot, but my cousin's youngets boy is a driver for House of LaRose, a distributor up here. Wonder if he can gets us a deal or something.

And JRMMiiii, you can come, and drink Sprite you uncultured dweeb.:p

10.99 seems to be the going rate this year. :( SUCKS!!! they need to make it a regular brew so they can cut costs down! Fuckers. Why is it that all my favorite beers are seasonal? Is it the fact of their seaonalness that makes them my favorite? :dunno:

yea it definitely sucks but its one beer where for some reason I don't care what it costs, I'm going to drink tons of it and worry about the affect on my wallet at a later date

Yea its a local Cleveland brew. Pretty much should be able to find it anywhere in Ohio. When I lived in Cinci I could pretty much find it everywhere but the year I spent in Indy was terrible. Drove to Cinci a ton just to restock on GL beers. Hands down my top 3 beers of theirs would be Xmas Ale, Eliot Ness, Edmund Fitzgerald. The Dortmunder is probably the most common to find that people enjoy. If you like beer you will probably like GL. It has its own signature "flavor" that you can taste in every single style of beer

http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/beerOurBeers.php

I get men's journal occasionally...and the only real good thing they do, every year is list the top 100 beers. The Edmumd Fitzgerald, i believe was in there....and i just saw it on a few lists i found online. Again...never had. :(

I like where you're heads at. If I get some time today I might call up there for the hell of it and see if they do sell kegs of it privately.

Thats what she said.... :lol: But seriously... find out what you can for prices :D :D

I have room up here, especially now that I am "single". I will make a call. Its a long shot, but my cousin's youngets boy is a driver for House of LaRose, a distributor up here. Wonder if he can gets us a deal or something.

Being single is fanfuckingtastic!! I too am freshly single :banana: HELLS yes, get ahold of the distributor if ya can and try to finger out some prices. I am guessing a 1/4 barrel will be around $150-200. But thats just a guess :dunno:

Don't be too hasty... if we can get it cheap, I'll pound it. :drink:

Otherwise, I'll grab some Molson XXX and you guys can try to keep up.

Then bring your drinking shoes, sunshine!

Yota, if we can get a 1/4 barrel or something for around the price you're talking, a handfull of us going in at $30 or so a pop would be a deal! I am looking at me kid weekend schedule, and Saturday, December 5th is looking good up here.

I gots too much on the 5th. So far the 5th is my work formal christmas party, my ducati club christmas party, and my Dude that owns Ducati of Indianapolis wants me to possible go to Florida to help him with a race... I think Florida is gonna win if I can get off work

But yea, $30ish a person would be awesome and it will be DRAFT!!! nom nom nom!!! err um, gulp gulp gulp...

Side note... Molsen XXX... yea that was my beer of choice for a while with a few drinking buddies. We liked to give it to newbs and watch them get fuckered up really fast and laugh at them cuz they couldnt figure out why. Dude, Ive only had 4 beers and im hammered! What kind of beer is this???! :lol:

Edited by yotaman88210

Christmas ale won gold medals 3 years in a row, and just earned one in 2009. I'm getting thirsty. :D

• Gold Medal, 2009 World Beer Championships
  • Gold Medal, 2007 World Beer Championships
  • Gold Medal, 2006 World Beer Championships
  • Gold Medal, 2005 World Beer Championships
  • Silver Medal, 1999 World Beer Championships

I gots too much on the 5th. So far the 5th is my work formal christmas party, my ducati club christmas party, and my Dude that owns Ducati of Indianapolis wants me to possible go to Florida to help him with a race... I think Florida is gonna win if I can get off work

But yea, $30ish a person would be awesome and it will be DRAFT!!! nom nom nom!!! err um, gulp gulp gulp...

My only other weekend it looks like here then is the 19th of Dec. How's that look for ya? I know it's the weekend before Christmas, but that's still hear heart of the holidays. Thoughts??

I get men's journal occasionally...and the only real good thing they do, every year is list the top 100 beers. The Edmumd Fitzgerald, i believe was in there....and i just saw it on a few lists i found online. Again...never had. :(

get to a store immediately if not sooner and find a Great Lakes mixed pack and a 6ack of Xmas ale. you WILL NOT be disappointed

Thats what she said.... :lol: But seriously... find out what you can for prices :D :D

Being single is fanfuckingtastic!! I too am freshly single :banana: HELLS yes, get ahold of the distributor if ya can and try to finger out some prices. I am guessing a 1/4 barrel will be around $150-200. But thats just a guess :dunno:

I'll see what I can do then and yea the last time we priced out a 1/4 barrel of Great Lakes Eliot Ness I think it was like $149, but this was over a year ago

get to a store immediately if not sooner and find a Great Lakes mixed pack and a 6ack of Xmas ale. you WILL NOT be disappointed

I'll see what I can do then and yea the last time we priced out a 1/4 barrel of Great Lakes Eliot Ness I think it was like $149, but this was over a year ago

I'm going the store tonight. Need to go grocery shopping, but who needs food? :D

My only other weekend it looks like here then is the 19th of Dec. How's that look for ya? I know it's the weekend before Christmas, but that's still hear heart of the holidays. Thoughts??

Hmm. That may just work. I have another work thing the 18th, but I see nothing on the 19th yet.

My mouth is starting to water at the thought of having a 1/4 barrel of Christmas Ale. ZOMG!

So who else is down for this? Just imagine 8 delicious gallons... 80 12 ounce glasses, of pure uncut Christmas CRACK! :drink::D

Hmm. That may just work. I have another work thing the 18th, but I see nothing on the 19th yet.

My mouth is starting to water at the thought of having a 1/4 barrel of Christmas Ale. ZOMG!

So who else is down for this? Just imagine 8 delicious gallons... 80 12 ounce glasses, of pure uncut Christmas CRACK! :drink::D

that date probably works for as well. I DO NOT want to think about the 20th though :lol:

I have room if you and some of the C-bus folks wanna crash up here. So long as the RVT Haus stays intact as Christmas weekend is also the weekend I have my kids next. :D But I think this is a grand idea. Glad we thought of it!:cheers:

I have room if you and some of the C-bus folks wanna crash up here. So long as the RVT Haus stays intact as Christmas weekend is also the weekend I have my kids next. :D But I think this is a grand idea. Glad we thought of it!:cheers:

I could probably offer up the couple couches we got in my place as well but I'm thinking its about a 40min trek down the turnpike from you