Khalid Sheikh Mohammed

alab32

Was this the right decision?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Was this the right decision?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know

I am pretty sure this thread has run it's course. I don't think anyone change anyone's minds much on anything, but I do want to say thank you to everyone that has been so involved but more so for the fact that it was kept civil for the most part. I know I have taken info from this. It is nice to see that even poeple that disagree on OR can debate in a friendly matter and not have the thread moved to the Drama Queens section.

JRMiii, Aerik, Kosmo, since I think you three were the most vocal in disagreeing with me and Alab32 (w/o backtracking in the thread), :cheers:.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time, we disagree over beers... and drink until we agree we're drunk.

Well, I haven't been on here long enough to really understand you, and I know you like to play devil's advocate, and as much as you can really piss me off lol,I'll have a beer with you anyday.

I am pretty sure this thread has run it's course. I don't think anyone change anyone's minds much on anything, but I do want to say thank you to everyone that has been so involved but more so for the fact that it was kept civil for the most part. I know I have taken info from this. It is nice to see that even poeple that disagree on OR can debate in a friendly matter and not have the thread moved to the Drama Queens section.

JRMiii, Aerik, Kosmo, since I think you three were the most vocal in disagreeing with me and Alab32 (w/o backtracking in the thread), :cheers:.

+1 :cheers:

Come on you can do better than that. At least put some effort into it.

I'm undecided if I really want to get into this debate. It seems to me that one side of the discussion are people who have been over to the middle east and have dealt with these people, muchless maybe even fought. The other side seems to be people who haven't been over there and have only heard about things going on.

For me, I've never interrogated anyone, but I have been over there. I have dealt with the locals and they do not think the way we do. It's hard to understand why they do stuff that they do.

EXAMPLE:

We were at the gate with the local country's military. One of my buddies traded a soldier his pack of cigarettes for the guys AK-47. Dude didn’t think anything of it. Of course he gave it back, but that shows how they think.

My wife was over in Afghanistan recently and said that you cannot trust ANY of the Afghan military over there. They help whoever is giving them the most $$$.

STUNNAZ NOTEZ:

If you haven’t served in the military, especially been to the middle east, I don’t believe that you have a good understanding as to what’s really going on over there. The stuff I knew when I got there shocked the hell out of me. It’s not always what the media covers. You get a better understanding of how the media tells you only the stuff they want you to hear.

I'm undecided if I really want to get into this debate. It seems to me that one side of the discussion are people who have been over to the middle east and have dealt with these people, muchless maybe even fought. The other side seems to be people who haven't been over there and have only heard about things going on.

For me, I've never interrogated anyone, but I have been over there. I have dealt with the locals and they do not think the way we do. It's hard to understand why they do stuff that they do.

EXAMPLE:

We were at the gate with the local country's military. One of my buddies traded a soldier his pack of cigarettes for the guys AK-47. Dude didn’t think anything of it. Of course he gave it back, but that shows how they think.

My wife was over in Afghanistan recently and said that you cannot trust ANY of the Afghan military over there. They help whoever is giving them the most $$$.

STUNNAZ NOTEZ:

If you haven’t served in the military, especially been to the middle east, I don’t believe that you have a good understanding as to what’s really going on over there. The stuff I knew when I got there shocked the hell out of me. It’s not always what the media covers. You get a better understanding of how the media tells you only the stuff they want you to hear.

Having served in the military and in still doing work for the DoD/Military I can guarantee you most of the people on the ground over there don't really know what's going on and most of the people here only hear what they want to hear.

Having served in the military and in still doing work for the DoD/Military I can guarantee you most of the people on the ground over there don't really know what's going on and most of the people here only hear what they want to hear.

Are you sure you did those things? Or are you just thinking you did those things because you're brainwashed by CNN?

:p

Have you been over there? Like I said, I found out a LOT of stuff once I got over there.

Have you been over there? Like I said, I found out a LOT of stuff once I got over there.

You'll have to expound on your experience over there.

Just because I travel to New Orleans and mingle with the locals there doesn't mean I understand Louisiana or the United States as a whole.

If the US were judged based on a few interactions some foreigner had with a few citizens of a certain locality - their opinion would be a lot different depending on if they visited Vegas vs. Boston vs. West Virgina.

You'll have to expound on your experience over there.

Just because I travel to New Orleans and mingle with the locals there doesn't mean I understand Louisiana or the United States as a whole.

If the US were judged based on a few interactions some foreigner had with a few citizens of a certain locality - their opinion would be a lot different depending on if they visited Vegas vs. Boston vs. West Virgina.

It's funny you mention that, because I'm from New Orleans. :)

I spent almost every day dealing with the local country in some way shape or form.

Like the General who was put over there to determine if we need more troops?

Yeah because the General on the ground is the sole source of what happens. I'm not sure you understand the number of people in gov't and across branches that are involved in these things...

In all fairness' date=' DangBruhaha only cited one incident. If he were to cite more stories that mirror the one he mentioned I'd be inclined to believe that's the way the locals roll. "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence and three times is enemy action."[/quote']

Yes but only based on their roles, that allow them those types of contacts with those types of people. That still leaves a considerable hole in those they don't come into contact which is most. Unfortunately it's nearly impossible to get enough contacts that would make it representative of the entire population.

We can't even poll on soft issues in our own country without there being a margin of error.