Cruiser floorboard opinions

'03VstarSH

I had boards on my 2001 V-Star Classic, and really liked them. You must have a Custom, which in my opinion should not have boards. From an aesthetic stand point, boards look heavy and really don't look on the Custom. The Classic on the other hand with the fat tire up front, full fenders, and thick forks just looks right with boards.

I had boards on my 2001 V-Star Classic, and really liked them. You must have a Custom, which in my opinion should not have boards. From an aesthetic stand point, boards look heavy and really don't look on the Custom. The Classic on the other hand with the fat tire up front, full fenders, and thick forks just looks right with boards.

Yea, I have the Custom and the fact that they might look like crap did factor in to the equation, albeit a small factor.

Vulcan_Rider can weigh in here...

I like pegs but have been debating floorboards as well, takes away some ground clearance...

The ground clearance could potentially be an issue which is part of what is holding me back.

I have boards on mine came stock... I like them, gives you different foot positions, not stuck to one position the whole ride, and helps on longer tours...

That's what I'm thinking about because about 3 hours into a ride the right peg starts to annoy me. IDK, my right boot always feels like it is only partially on the peg, like the peg is short or something. I have stock pegs and am also considering aftermarket pegs but I'm still debating.

check out stirrups, floorboard feel without the bulk and no loss of ground clearance. I love mine, takes away quite a bit of fatigue.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.Products/catID/18/scID/118

I have ISO pegs but I didn't buy the stirrups cuz it's an extra hundred bucks or so! ridiculous!

I am considering floorboards for my V Star and wanted to get the opinion of any that have ever had floorboards. Good' date=' bad, not worth the money?

[/quote']

I just traded in my old bike for a new bike. The old one had pegs, the new one has floorboards. I did 1600 miles the last three days going down to the dragon and back. I will never not have floorboards again.

Edit: Read your other thoughts. Yes the right foot hanging off the peg drove me crazy also. Yes you lose some ground clearance but it doesn't seem too bad. Hard for me to say for sure how much it is because I am comparing to completely different bikes. But I am not unhappy with my ground clearence, I only scrapped a board on the Dragon once and I should not have leaned it as much as I did. Everything in life is a trade off, you have to weight the pluses and minuses, as you are.

Edited by Tonik

I have ISO pegs but I didn't buy the stirrups cuz it's an extra hundred bucks or so! ridiculous!

Shop around, I think I paid around $100 for the ISO pegs and the stirrups.

Iron Pony will match prices too if you ask a manager.

Try scootworks,com or amazon. Dennis Kirk may even have them cheaper.

For long riding, it was some of the best money I've spent on the bike.