Need help with song selection for a cover band

Artmageddon

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, here's what we currently know.(there may be a few missing)

If there are any you love, speak up, same with any you hate.

Folsom Prison Blues Johnny Cash

Creep Radiohead

Vasoline STP

The Middle Jimmy Eat World

Are you gonna be my girl Jet

Laid James

What's Up (rocked up) 4 non blondes

Hot N Cold (rocked up) Katy Perry

My Own Worst Enemy Lit

Mr. Brightside Killers

Possum Kingdom Toadies

Corduroy Pearl Jam

Machinehead Bush

Santa Monica Everclear

Shattered OAR

Fell in love with a girl White Stripes

Hey Jealousy Gin Blossoms

Baba O'Reilley The Who

Nothing Man Pearl Jam

Simple Man Lynard Skynard

What I Got Sublime

Inside Out Eve 6

One Headlight Wallflowers

Don't Trust Me 3OH!3

Flagpole Sitta Harvey Danger

Zombie Cranberries

Cumbersome 7 Mary 3

The Distance Cake

Hate to say I told you so Hives

Bulls on Parade Rage

With or Without You U2

Leader of Men Nickelback

White Wedding Billy Idol

Lame Seven mary three

Hey Joe Jimi Hendrix

Here are some we are working on or will be potentially, add to this and give feedback please. I'll make another post with the suggestions made on the board already.

Alive Pearl Jam

Interstate Love Song STP

Mr. Jones Counting Crows

Times like these foo fighters

Song 2 Blur

She Hates Me Puddle of Mudd

Sex on Fire Kings of Leon

One Headlight Wallflowers

Dare you to move Switchfoot

All For You Sister Hazel

Hard To Handle Black Crows

Roadhouse Blues Doors

Chasing Cars Snow Patrol

I Hate Everything About you Three Days Grace

Tomorrow Silverchair

100 Years 5 for Fighting

Human Killers

Run Snow Patrol

Broken Seether

Hey Jude Beatles

One U2

Your suggestions so far that we could possibly do:

and no, I won't try to do zeppelin. I'm a baritone, not a tenor.

I only picked out specific songs mentioned. just add to this please. Thanks!

Oh, and I'm hoping we can be the official OR event band, hint, hint. :D

Nutshell Alice in Chains

Weezer - Say it aint so

Uncle Cracker 'follow me

Oasis - Wonderwall

Unwritten Law save me

drummer's married. singer isn't. :D

Crap, not really. He's single, singer is......in limbo. :(

aww... I'm sorry kiddo... have a concert, I'll come and cheer on the hot drummer and singer :D ESPECIALLY if you sing some unwritten law :)

i love watching cover bands! and i go to drink dance and have a goodtime. the band i go to see on a regular basis sounds like what you are trying to go for. so here is the bands they cover.

AC\DC, Aerosmith, Alice in Chains, Autograph, Bad Company, Badfinger, Billy Idol, Billy Squire, Blackfoot, Black Sabbath, Blur, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, BTO, CCR, Cheap Trick, Collective Soul, Danzig, Def Leppard, Dire Straits, Foghat, Foo Fighters, Free, Golden Earring, Great White, GreenDay, Guns n Roses, Jackyl, Jet, John Cougar, Judas Priest, Kiss, Led Zepplin, Lenny Kravitz, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Nazareth, Ozzy Osborne, Quit Riot, Rod Stewart, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Sweet, Ted Neugent, The Beatles, The Eagles, The Darkness, The Doors, The Godz, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, Thin Lizzy, Tom Petty, Tommy Tutone, Trouper, Van Halen, WhiteSnake, ZZ Top

now i will say the crowd favorites are ac dc, jet, foo fighters, billy idol, beastie boys, and green day, they really seem to be the ones that when im out on the dance floor it seems to fill up around me.

hope that helps.

Lots of bands in here we can and like to play. Any specific song requests that you like to dance to? :banana:

you should be able to pull off some doors action.... you got the range as a baritone

I'm a big Doors fan, we'll do Roadhouse Blues, maybe Light my Fire, but most of the other good songs are too long. The End is one my all time favorites, but as a cover and the fact that I will not be hypnotizing the audience because I am not Jim Morrison, it may put people to sleep.

I think we have an Outkast song in the mix; I haven't done it, but I'm still pretty new with these guys. I don't sing on a few songs, so it may still be in there. We do have keyboards as well on a few songs, so not a problem.

Any more suggestions? In this situation, female opinions go to the top of the list, so girls, speak up.

It's just how being in a cover band works. You get girls come to dance, guys come to hit on girls, guys buy lots of alcohol for the girls and courage to dance, good alcohol sales mean we get to back and play there again and get paid.

Now if we were playing in a roomful of guys, we may play some stuff that we normally wouldn't, and we are trying to prepare for that as well.

I'm kinda hoping the OR crowd will be regulars at the shows as well, so we are taking your suggestions seriously.

MJ, Save Me went over well with the other guys, so it will be in the list soon.

I don't really see us being a shtick band like Naked Karate Girls. I know that brings a crowd too, but we are hoping that a showed played well, upbeat, and good production will overcome lack of trying to be silly. Don't get me wrong; we are all about having fun and getting the crowd going, I just don't see us dressing up in bunny costumes or running around in bikini underwear.

I think we have an Outkast song in the mix; I haven't done it, but I'm still pretty new with these guys. I don't sing on a few songs, so it may still be in there. We do have keyboards as well on a few songs, so not a problem.

Any more suggestions? In this situation, female opinions go to the top of the list, so girls, speak up.

It's just how being in a cover band works. You get girls come to dance, guys come to hit on girls, guys buy lots of alcohol for the girls and courage to dance, good alcohol sales mean we get to back and play there again and get paid.

Now if we were playing in a roomful of guys, we may play some stuff that we normally wouldn't, and we are trying to prepare for that as well.

I'm kinda hoping the OR crowd will be regulars at the shows as well, so we are taking your suggestions seriously.

MJ, Save Me went over well with the other guys, so it will be in the list soon.

I don't really see us being a shtick band like Naked Karate Girls. I know that brings a crowd too, but we are hoping that a showed played well, upbeat, and good production will overcome lack of trying to be silly. Don't get me wrong; we are all about having fun and getting the crowd going, I just don't see us dressing up in bunny costumes or running around in bikini underwear.

but you could do the chili peppers sock gag.... MJ would love ya for it... ;) Luv you long time!!LOL

J, could do that for sure. I like it. Never heard it before, but actually think it was in the set list before I joined. My bassist would go crazy to do this, this is his type music.

BTW, the hookup in the beginning was just painful to watch, and I was fast forwarding through it. That guy is lucky he is rich, or he would never get any if that is how talks to girls. :)

here are some maybes :)

Alien Ant Farm - Movies

The Bravery - Believe

Racontuers - Steady as She Goes

Incubus - Anna Molly, Drive, Make Yourself

Linkin Park - What I've Done

Red Jumpsuit Aparatus - Face Down

maybe Silversun Pickups?