Need help with song selection for a cover band

Artmageddon

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but you could do the chili peppers sock gag.... MJ would love ya for it... ;) Luv you long time!!LOL

yeah... :D

naked karate girls were playing at the martini bar on friday at easton (i think)... they were really good, but to be honest, they freaked me out enough that i was having a hard time enjoying the music.

yeah... :D

naked karate girls were playing at the martini bar on friday at easton (i think)... they were really good, but to be honest, they freaked me out enough that i was having a hard time enjoying the music.

Naked Karate Girls are great showmen, and as far as stage presence, they have something we can probably never touch. As musicians, they need all of that act to hide some of the stuff they miss on. They use a lot of pre-recorded loops, skip over hard parts of songs. But the average listener doesn't care about that, they like a good show, which NKG does extremely well.

I'm hoping we can be the other way around, and put on a good show by playing quality music well, and have the act just back up the music. We're all about doing what is necessary to put on a great show, but not be a novelty act either.

I'm not familiar with most of the new suggestions except maybe incubus, I'll check them out. Thanks!

I saw that on One Hit Wonders. They said Tubbs had a no hit winder too.

I think the Don Johnson song was towards the top of the vh1 one hit wonder list or awesomely bad songs or whatever they call it. I know another one of my favorites was very near the top of that list...Eddie Murphy's Party All The Time. man I love the 80s!

:lol: hottie drummers is a tag...

so when is your next show!! ??

You mean first show. :)

I haven't played in a band in about 8 years. These guys started up about a year ago and have been after me to come play with them. Finally did about 2 months ago, and was blown away by the progress they made in a year. So now they did all the hard learning stuff and I get to jump right in.

I'm working on getting our sound quality to where it needs to be, bought a killer PA this week,(fun stuff getting money out of musicians.), and we're working on production. I am a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff.

So we just need to learn about 30 more songs, tighten it all up and we'll be ready. and we need a name.

Pretty much that was two long paragraphs to say we're aiming for February. :guitar:

not bad. not quite my style but......

I don't know that it's it's well known enough to be a good cover, drunk people tend to like music they know and can sing too. :confused:

Everybody knows this song. Excellent suggestion.

As for band names, I nominate The Flaming Moes!

Simpsons_moe.gif

Art. Dont forget. ;)

WILDA'BEAST!

I'll throw it up for a vote.

I've been getting a ton or requests for three days grace. I think they will be going in the mix soon.

I would like to try some dropkick murphys, not sure how effective I would would be without the irish brogue. :)

• 11 months later...