winter hobbies?

oldschoolsdime92

Hey girl I get to go snowboarding for the first time this winter I'm so excited maybe we can go some weekend together? if you don't mind a newbie! :D

yes definitely. I snowboard like a newbie :) but i'm getting a little better. I had a few near accidents last winter from trying to keep up with my friends.... :D... but yeah, we go every couple of weeks up to mad river or snow trails. I'll let ya know when we go!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a fun time, but I've learned that the top of a snow covered hill is no place I want to be. Now the lodge at the bottom.... Different story!

I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time on my ass but thats okay I have always wanted too go and now I actually get the chance too! YAY!!!! :D:D:D:D

yes definitely. I snowboard like a newbie :) but i'm getting a little better. I had a few near accidents last winter from trying to keep up with my friends.... :D... but yeah, we go every couple of weeks up to mad river or snow trails. I'll let ya know when we go!

:lol: thanks girl I can't wait! If I like it enough I'll buy my own gear but until then I'm just gonna rent the first couple times I go!

:lol: thanks girl I can't wait! If I like it enough I'll buy my own gear but until then I'm just gonna rent the first couple times I go!

that's what i did. I rented the first time i went and loved it, so I went and picked up a cheap setup at Sports Authority or Dicks... can't remember.

I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time on my ass but thats okay I have always wanted too go and now I actually get the chance too! YAY!!!! :D:D:D:D

I had fun the last time I went skiing (LONG time ago) but I never really "got it" and I don't like the cold. The falling on my ass wasn't such a big deal, it was the being COLD and fallin gon my ass.... Hmm... Maybe wear full bike riding gear? I want pics of someone going down the hills in full leathers!! :lol:

If they do group rates (pretty sure they do) maybe someone could get an OR group package, or something??

I had fun the last time I went skiing (LONG time ago) but I never really "got it" and I don't like the cold. The falling on my ass wasn't such a big deal, it was the being COLD and fallin gon my ass.... Hmm... Maybe wear full bike riding gear? I want pics of someone going down the hills in full leathers!! :lol:

If they do group rates (pretty sure they do) maybe someone could get an OR group package, or something??

They have cheap weeknight tickets... its like $18 or something for 4 hours in the evening... i think.... that's usually when we go...

honestly its not really worth a group trip to mad river, but mad river is a good place to learn at. it would be better to set up something for a place further north or west :D

oh and if you got frustrated skiing, snowboarding is harder to pick up and go down the hill. but if you keep coming back to the board, youll be rewarded. ill be back next winter and ready to go with the OR snowboard posse :lol:

Snowboarding and Guinness. Girls are nice too sometimes.

skiing and guinness.....then scotch.....you are my kind of man :D

Hey girl I get to go snowboarding for the first time this winter I'm so excited maybe we can go some weekend together? if you don't mind a newbie! :D

Haha let me know when you folks head out......I will join you folks......

Perfect North FTW! .... lol because its like 25 mins from my house... never been to mad river or snow trails how do they compare to perfect? sorry if someone said it already i didnt read through all the posts ...In the winter I snowboard a ton and have been doing so for 6 years and love it and as someone already said it gets better and better....i have a boat im looking to fix up with the old man for the summer [an old 88 Glastron Carlson CV-16] if i get around to it...but this winter ill probably snowboard, go to school and work so that come spring ill have many dollars to spend on my bike lol....

Perfect North FTW! .... lol because its like 25 mins from my house... never been to mad river or snow trails how do they compare to perfect? sorry if someone said it already i didnt read through all the posts ...In the winter I snowboard a ton and have been doing so for 6 years and love it and as someone already said it gets better and better....i have a boat im looking to fix up with the old man for the summer [an old 88 Glastron Carlson CV-16] if i get around to it...but this winter ill probably snowboard, go to school and work so that come spring ill have many dollars to spend on my bike lol....

We're in the nothern hemishphere, you go NORTH for better skiing conditions, unless they maintain the place poorly, chances are good that you have it better up there.

Boats are money pits. It's fun to go out on one that belongs to someone else though!

so does mad river make all there own snow, or do they have to wait for some snow to be falling?

they have a bunch of snow machines and will pump out snow when temps are consistently below freezing. you can always check their website for information about opening day, # of trails open and new snow etc...

craigslist is another really good place to find gear. winter sports equipment is like the first thing to go when people need cash to pay those sub prime loans they took out.

Ebay is unreal too...I got the new 2010 Rossi one-mag brand new for $300 retails for $400+ someplaces... thats where i get my shit from anyways...check out dogfunk or sierrasnowboard they generally have some decent stuff as well....my best advice would be go to some snowboard/ski shops look around and find what you want cheaper online lol ... All of you who snowboard what riding style do you all do??