So Flounder and I got bored......

Putty

Yeah if they don't have any dirt experience they are in for a rude awakening....

I had a RM 250 and it was so twitchy and hard to ride I had drop down to a 250 four stroke. That bike is much easier to handle and power is smoother closer to a street bike, not all or nothing like them 2 strokes. I may have to drive up and run with you guys.

If you own one, good dirt bike gear is a must. They'll fuck you up just as bad as a street bike for sure.

If you are doing jumps you are more likely to get injured then say crashing at 80 mph on the track...

I may try and get on mine at a buddies place that has his own motor cross track and get working on learning to jump a bit.

I dropped my RM once trying to get a good run up my hill around my pool to try and get some air.

Rear just spun out right then left then down....

Then about dropped it again first time really ridding it practicing backing the rear in.

FYI you guys on a 250 two stroke you will not need to use 1st gear. I found that out from a buddy whom I let borrow my RM 250 to race at a little track in KY last winter. He didn't even use 1st gear for the launch.

I'll use 1st to crack up a wheelie......clean to 4th.

Still won't need it. 2nd will pop up just as easy as 1st at the same speeds.

My KX 250F actually has a pretty tall first gear. I can run up to about 30+ mph (seat of the pants speedo) in first.