WMMS Cancelled the Maxwell Show?!?!?!

magley64

contract negotiations broke down he wants too much so they are making him finish out his contract off air. They offered Stansbury his own show but he said no.

They had Dumb and Charlie from Rovers Morning Glory filling the afternoon spot today and it was pretty bad, I dont like them on Rover's show let alone by themselves.

Better than every station picking up Boob and Tit...

The Mansfield Fox station that had Lex and Terry dropped it to pick up Bob and Tom. I fucking hate that show. Always laughing at thier own jokes and caoughing like lungers...

The Rock in Columbus sucks, too. the only station I have left is 106.7 in CBus...

nobody listens to bob and tom unless they are over 50, and every other show is jam packed with retards (Opie & Anthony, RMG, Casper, Elvis, Seacrest)

At least MWL only had the token retard (crackerman, then later chunk)

and you never knew what topic would come up, plus i could actually get through on the phone from time to time.

I loved the show for the first 6 months I moved back here then quickly realized it sucked other than Stansbury. Wish he woulda done his own show, he is awesome.

If I wanted to hear someone bitch and whine for hours on end I would get married, so I'm not sad at all he is out

Cleveland radio sucks completely. Thats why I listen to either pandora or slacker

It has gone the way of the shit lately. But if you've ever lived anywhere else it gives you an appreciation for Cleveland radio. Cincinnati has like 2 good stations and Indianapolis I couldn't find a single solid station out there. Thank god for Ipods and my endless quest of new unheard music

I can't believe THIS topic made ORDN... and I can't believe how many people actually listened to it.

I usually have WMMS on my radio all day long, so I've been listening to RMG since 2005 and MWL since whenever it started. I actually liked the most recent format they had... talk, then radio, then talk, then radio.

RMG > Maxwell, but I can't lie - Maxwell, even being the whiny bitch he is, kept me entertained - though I didn't listen to him near as much as RMG, mainly because I sit at my desk from 8-11, and am only there from 3-5 during MWL.

The last few weeks of his "keeping it real" discussing the contract and how "he's gotta get paid what their worth" was getting lame. All his other on-air quirks were getting annoying too (heavy breathing into the mic, yelling every other sentence until he was out of breath, "gimme a little credit, I've been doing this for 18 GD years", "Really?", "Waahina" :rolleyes:). It's no ones fault but his own that he was doped up during his last contract signing.

Stansbury actually made that show - I wish him well, but Maxwell sounds like he needs a wakeup call to really figure out what he's worth. I can't hate too much though - I won my Xbox360 playing "Who's that whore?" :cool:

I might be able to stomach RMG if it weren't for dieter...that kid is sooo effing retarded....

"the earth is flat"

"we never made it to the moon"

"the president can hear my thoughts"

"they put flouride in my water supply"

Edited by magley64

That's what makes it entertaining... I'm still trying to figure out if he's actually that retarded or it's just the 'character' he plays on the radio.

I've already figured out Duji's playing a character.

Dieter is half character.....Duji is like 25% character. From my little interaction with them Dieter is crazy and does dumb shit. Duji really is half a moron and EXTREMELY freakin annoying

I mean, when you run a radio "show" like that... you need all the characters or else you wouldn't have a show. If everyone agreed, then it wouldn't be much of a show.

So, their true feelings aside, they know that it's their job for someone to disagree with Rover so they can spend 4 hours each morning talking about it and playing Devil's Advocate against each other, no matter how outrageous the counterpoint is.

Yes, it'd be better if some of Dieters or Duji's counters weren't so obviously against a common sense approach or excessively hypocritical... but, it's a show. I don't listen to it any deeper than entertainment value while I stare at Excel sheets.

I mean, when you run a radio "show" like that... you need all the characters or else you wouldn't have a show. If everyone agreed, then it wouldn't be much of a show.

So, their true feelings aside, they know that it's their job for someone to disagree with Rover so they can spend 4 hours each morning talking about it and playing Devil's Advocate against each other, no matter how outrageous the counterpoint is.

Yes, it'd be better if some of Dieters or Duji's counters weren't so obviously against a common sense approach or excessively hypocritical... but, it's a show. I don't listen to it any deeper than entertainment value while I stare at Excel sheets.

Oh I don't disagree with you in that respect at all. I know they all have their own "schtick" if you will they have to stick by to make it a better show but there is a lot of things they do that I think aren't just the character. Call it an embellishment of their real personalities

RMG is entertaining at times and other times it's completely retarded. The Maxwell Show was funny sometimes but I found myself turning it off a lot cuz I got tired of listening to him whine about everything and waste half the show complaining about Clear Channel. But I do have to say that I'd rather listen to Maxwell than Dumb and Charlie, god are they terrible.

WMMWhoooo? MMS went downhill years ago, back in the day in the late 70's and 80's The Buzzard was the shit,

once they changed their format (can't remember when it was) they sucked. In my opinion.

Good thing I don't live up within Cleveland FM range anymore, or I'd be really angry. I LOVE Maxwell's show; at 3pm every weekday that show was the only thing keeping me from taking my Explorer and tearing down the sidewalks in Hudson's "downtown" district where I used to work. He was also great to listen to on my way home from work...his whining and bitching made me realize that I wasn't the only one having a shitty day :p

Even without Maxwell though, Cleveland radio is STILL infinitely better than Columbus radio. As much as I love this city, the radio here is absolutely atrocious. Save for the few good moments on 96.3, there is absolutely no reason for anyone in or around Columbus to even OWN a radio.

...Save for the few good moments on 96.3, there is absolutely no reason for anyone in or around Columbus to even OWN a radio.

I find myself bouncing back and forth between 96.3 and 105.7

The brew in the morning cause I like to listen to music, not people talkin.