Who wants to go shooting this weekend?

speedytriple

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have thought about it more I dont like the AR platform as much as the mini. It is to frigin complex. I like the simple design of the mini. I am leaning towards getting another mini 14 in the ati stock. I think I would be happier with it over the AR. This is the one I want to get.

5846.jpg

So you want to turn your Mini into an AR, but less accurate?

Dude.....

That is a stock ruger model I posted. And if I threw the money into it to make it as accurate as a AR I still would spend less money. I dont need a bench gun, I am looking for 100meter and under so this would be fine out of the box. If you still think mini 14 is not accurate I will let you shoot my target model, it aint bad for a semi auto. If I want sub moa I would buy a bolt gun.

Here ya go it is a ati strikeforce stock. they say it will fit the mini30 with a little tweak? here is the link to there site. http://atigunstocks.com/products.aspx?category=18&page=1&id=51

Thanks mang.

my 30 is surprisingly accurate. i was consistently hitting 2-3 inch targets at 25 meters with the stock flip up sight that has never been zeroed. This was in the STANDING position too. and the 7.62 FMJs i was using was murdering the 3/4 steel plate we were shooting.

i really dont get this AR craze. Get whatever makes you happy. ive had my Ruger for awhile and thinl ill make some ergo upgrades and maybe some sort of optics.

just remeber this. the Rifle doesnt make you a shooter. You make You a shooter.

Thanks mang.

my 30 is surprisingly accurate. i was consistently hitting 2-3 inch targets at 25 meters with the stock flip up sight that has never been zeroed. This was in the STANDING position too.

just remeber this. the Rifle doesnt make you a shooter. You make You a shooter.

No offense man, but at 25m, thats pistol level accuracy (one handed).

yeah cause a $1000 scope is needed for a 100 meter shot?! maybe if you cant shoot LOL!

Didn't say it was. You said good scope, not a scope adequate for 100m shooting. Hell, my $225 .17hmr + scope combo shoots under MOA at 100yds all day long. .5MOA with a particular ammo if I do my part. However, you'll never catch me calling that scope "good".

Yeah that is about right I just shot that at riverside this weekend with my subcompact. Went through a 16 round mag rapid fire at 22.5 yards and kept it in a 4 inch group with 16 shots. If I put a $150 scope on a mini 14 tactical With a bench I could shoot close to moa. It is the shooter not the weapon.

Yeah that is about right I just shot that at riverside this weekend with my subcompact. Went through a 16 round mag rapid fire at 22.5 yards and kept it in a 4 inch group with 16 shots. If I put a $150 scope on a mini 14 tactical With a bench I could shoot close to moa. It is the shooter not the weapon.

Uhmm.. Does everyone even know what MOA is? Just for example,

MOA Range Group Size

.25 100 .25"

.5 100 .5"

1 100 1"

2 100 2"

3 100 3"

That also means that MOA at 25 yards = .25 inches. And actually what youre really talking about it IPHY which is "inch per hundred yards" although most people have just gotten used to using MOA although there is a difference.

Edited by flounder

Not exactly. No matter how good the shooter is, if the weapon isn't capable it doesn't matter. Typically, the average weapon is better than the average shooter.

Uhmm.. Does everyone even know what MOA is? Just for example,

MOA Range Group Size

.25 100 .25"

.5 100 .5"

1 100 1"

2 100 2"

3 100 3"

That also means that MOA at 25 yards = .25 inches. And actually what youre really talking about it IPHY which is "inch per hundred yards" although most people have just gotten used to using MOA although there is a difference.

I doubt most here do. For your average shooter/hunter type, knowing IPHY is close enough (1 inch vs 1.047 inches). Same for using meters vs yards. However, you get into service rifle, or benchrest/target type stuff, that difference becomes much more important.