Rosetta Stone

DLN1223

My friend has the German software, seems to be picking it up pretty well... tell ya what though, I picked up $9 software at biglots, and I think I'm picking it up pretty well too (when I actually spend some time on it) sooo....

i've been using RS spanish, italian, german, and swedish (random, yes) and have become fluent enough in them to put them on resumes, which is a huge plus in the field im in.

of course do the math, im only in college and 2k on programs could be used elsewhere. meaning you don't have to buy them there are other places to get them such as....

download it for free off torrents. thats what i did. downloaded the main program, then every language pack they have. never ended up using it though.

the best way to learn a foreign language is go live somewhere they speak it. you will pick it up in no time.

Your Library will prolly have one or two different programs for Spanish. Mine has several. some on Cd and or DVD others for PC. Burn them and do your thing. You pay taxes for your library, use their resources.

Anyone on here use it before?

I tried the demo and liked it, but not sure I'd want to spend $500 bones for it.

Looking to get back into Spanish.

$500... HOLY CRAP!!!! :eek: I always wondered how much those things cost :nono:

I used it a little to try and learn Italian while I was working with them when I was deployed to Iraq...it's a cool program, I was picking it up pretty good. Funny thing was when I and an Italian soldier were actually able to speak slowly enough in our respective languages to understand what each other was saying....lol....wouldn't pay $500 for it, though, that's just silly.

In Italian it translate the basic stuff. It's when you get into more serious translation, is where it gets lost, kind like all the other programs. I just laugh when it tries to translate something more complicated than 4 year old conversation.