wtb cheap surround sound system

oldschoolsdime92

denon is the wy to go

i dont think Denon is in his budget.

OldSchool, youre going to have to give more info for any help. Budget, speaker setup, required inputs/outputs, what you plan on using it for.

There are alot of setups out there. I certainly wouldnt skimp to much though esp if you plan on using your blu ray player to the fullest potential.

i bought a random RCA setup at walmart about an hour ago. Budget isnt the issue, I have always gone way overkill on my audio setups weather it be house or car or garage. I was happy just using my two technics three ways with a 15 in woofer in the bottem. My receiver is old. My new tv did not have rca audio outs. It only had a digital optical out for sound. Therefore I needed a different receiver.

i bought a random RCA setup at walmart about an hour ago. Budget isnt the issue, I have always gone way overkill on my audio setups weather it be house or car or garage. I was happy just using my two technics three ways with a 15 in woofer in the bottem. My receiver is old. My new tv did not have rca audio outs. It only had a digital optical out for sound. Therefore I needed a different receiver.

what the hell kind of tv did you buy?

jesus h Christ...this is the third thread where someone have been screwed by the wrong information on a tv or something of the sort....come see me!!!!!!!!!!!!! All you have to do is know me and i will get you set up, the new LG's, lower end panasonics and a few other tvs only have digital optical outputs

save up or buy used instead of getting some cheap POS from walmart. Marantz or Denon can usually be had reasonable if a few years old. seriously I have a Marantz that I think is like 90w/ch thats about 7 years old and will smoke anything out there you can buy for 70 bucks or whatever.... probobly wouldnt ask alot of $ for it but the kids jam their Miley on it so can't sell it now...

you might also be able to find dirt cheap or free an old old DD decoder, I would of given you mine (from back in the days that recvrs didnt have digital inputs) but I wired up the garage recently and use it as a pre-amp out there, instead of looking for a pos recvr since I don't use 2 of the channels on the Rotel anyway in the family room.

I'll check around tho, might have a bud looking to unload something, or might have something laying around in the basement.