New from NEOH

XCLR8TN

Hey guys, heard about you from Crooked River MC.

My name is Jess and I ride an 03 600RR. I only put about 1800 miles on it until an unfortunate event involving some antifreeze happened... and allowed me to rebuild it how I'd like it :)

Still waiting on the fairings.. my paint guy is reeeeeeall slow. So no riding this year but next year I'll be out. Rode the b/f's Monster a few times this year after we both completed the state's MC class and got our endorsements :)

I'm from the Akron area :honda:

You guys have some fun smilies!!

Pics of bike:

Before:

pic18692.jpg

(don't worry I got boots the next day)

During:

DSC_4502.jpg

DSC_4518.jpg

And how it sits now (but I do have the rear subframe on, everythings ready for the fairings):

IMG_4215.jpg

What I photoshopped as the concept:

WHITEtribal.jpg

And I'm ready for the leg humpers. This is not the only male-dominated forum I'm on :p

Welcome aboard from Cuyahoga County.

The bike is looking good.

Is that a Mazda Miata in the background of the frame/ motor pic?

That it is, I'm coming to bikes from cars :) I just turbo'ed it :)

It's been a work in progress for 3 years haha!

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_0250-2.jpg

(wheels are magenta/deep purple depending on the light) The car is British Racing Green.

Hi! Why no rear wheel red?
I tried it, it looked funny with the black swingarm, too much red with the frame also.
Woah, I just noticed OP is female... I didn't even catch that the first time I read that.

Not that it makes a huge difference, but props on it, I haven't seen a lot of custom female builders.

haha thanks, bikes are all new to me :)
Welcome!!! And don't change anything in your design that has to be the sexiest 03 I have ever seen.

Oh btw if you need that swingarm stryped I would be more than happy to help.

Can you do it on the bike? It's already installed. That was one of the last things I photoshopped on, it looked 'empty' without anything there. Guess the beefy filled swingarm will do that!

Thanks for all the comments!

Oh, I also forgot to mention that the bike will be pearl white. I couldn't really photoshop the pearl... I'm trying to find someone that will satin clear it, seems everyone I know is afraid to do it because if you screw it up, you can't buff it out.

(I've always wanted to do satin pearl white with gloss red accents)

Where I'm at so far (base and pearl laid on):

plastic.jpg

Sweet Miata.

I am looking to pick one up for the winter and build it to autocross. Based on my price range, I'll probably be looking for a 90-97 "NA".

There was one on craigslist for a while in cleveland, a white NA. You can get em pretty cheap now.. 2-3k. Go for the early years, 90-93. Mazda started adding weight in the later models. 90-93 have the 1.6L and 94+ have the 1.8L. 1.6 revs happier, 1.8L makes more power and torque. I'm not autocross literate really, tried it a few times, have difficulty seeing the cone course lol! I built mine to drift but didn't get a chance because I got laid off and everything slowed down (including the bike build). Next year :) If you have any questions/concerns about the Miata, PM me ;)

the only way i feel comfortable was if it were off the bike. there is a good amount of brush movement that would require certain angles and it would be tough for it to be on.
dang.. hmm ok.
You lose cool points for the miata... but since you're a chick, you lose less cool points than if you were a dude.
funny :)
Holy crap, did you modify the fog lights on the Miata to be forced induction intakes?!?
haha they were originally the turn signals, they still are, but with holes in them. I started making my own out of a spare set I picked up but the b/f bought me the real ones for Christmas the first year I had the car. www.miatamania.com sells them, they are aptly named 'turn signal intakes'

I should have bought that white one on Craigslist. I am also on Miata.net. The guy that bought that car posted on miata.net that it was his first miata and it needed a ton of work. I plan to make mine a track rat for autocross and fun days at Nelson Ledges, so it just needs to not be rotted out and a manual trans.A group from Akron puts on autocross events at Northfield park ( the horse race track) at least once a month in the summer.

I should have bought that white one on Craigslist. I am also on Miata.net. The guy that bought that car posted on miata.net that it was his first miata and it needed a ton of work. I plan to make mine a track rat for autocross and fun days at Nelson Ledges, so it just needs to not be rotted out and a manual trans.A group from Akron puts on autocross events at Northfield park ( the horse race track) at least once a month in the summer.
How nice of him to say it needed a ton of work in the ad :rolls eyes: hmm. Yeah, NORA, that was the last auto-x I went to this year. I had a ton of fun laying rubber that I wasn't expecting to lay lol.

IMG_0317rs.jpg

I've been wanting to do Nelson, $ has not permitted me to :(

I'm mostly on clubroadster.net, supposed to be "jdm inspired" miatas... but I just mod my car to my liking :p

• Downvote 1